Default Lotta lice today

However, the score so far is:

Mojo surf wave - 2
    Lake lice - 0

Hope to see some more wipeouts, tips and tumbles throughout the day.

I was telling the wife that I am going to load the ballast and circle the lake lice and weekend warriors till they get sick of me and leave.

Go team Moomba!
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

I just realized that we did not see one jetski/waverunner on Sat. Amazing.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Oh, how I wish we had been that lucky. Got another score today when a rather plump lady decided it would be fun to ride straight towards the back of the boat - while my 10 yr old daughter was surfing. I quick jump up from the driver's seat with airhorn in hand, a big old blast and some choice words being screamed her way put her into a bit of a panic and she dumped it when she hit the wave sideways.

Then, this afternoon we had to wait out a rainstorm and right when we thought we had the lake to ourselves, a gang of 6 skis come racing up the lake towards us. We simply shut it down and watched them churn up the glass, then rode a few more sets in the chop.

We talk about this all the time...but what is it about those things? Do they turn people into idiots...or were they idiots before?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    We talk about this all the time...but what is it about those things? Do they turn people into idiots...or were they idiots before?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
    I think its more that they are treated as an atv than a vessel. Most ski owners will probably never take the time to learn boating laws or proper etiquette

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

I regularly see kids under 16 flying around on these things.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Part of it is that they are just so dang fast they can mess up a lot of water and come back and mess it up again. And, combine that with the fact that most of them have no idea what the heck they are doing to you and it makes for a big mess.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

After many years on the same lake, we had our first serious incident with them jumping right behind our wakeboard rider last weekend. They paid no attention to our rider, horn or wave-offs. We shut the boat down, took in our rider, followed them to where they gathered, and I gave them a short lecture about the dangers that they created. While I did this, one of my crew took some photos of them. The last lice-driver simply said "no problem" as he sheepishly left. I did not mention calling the police, but I think that the taking of pictures made that implied.

While they were buzzing around the lake and jumping some other boats' wakes on the long weekend, they weren't doing it behind boats that were towing riders. I'd call that a win.

I don't object to their having fun, even to the point of others being mildly annoyed simply out of envy. I do object to reckless endangerment.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini