Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mmandley

Hybrid View

Default Mmandley

OK, spill it, list your surfing ballast setup-what ya running
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

for Regular surfing

900 Straightline sumo basically an 1100 Flyhigh in rear corner
    450 Straightline sumo under rear seats were cooler used to be
    400 stock bag in the ski locker
    650 IBS bag in the bow
    Fill 50% 900 Straighhtline sumo in opposite V drive locker this keeps the back sunk deep down.

total surf ballast on regular is 2900 apx. I run the wake plate from 50% up to 100% up and speed is around 11 mph. I run it up to 3200 RPM then set my cruise and adjust it up or down till the wave clean up. When i ride it and if i feel like im working to hard to stay with the boat i have them slow it down 100 RPM if i feel like the wave is slow i tell them to speed up 100 RPM.

Goofy surf.
    Fill 900 straightline Sumo up
    Fill 450 Straightline Sumo under seats behind driver
    Fill 450 Straightline under seats where cooler used to be
    Fill 400 stock bag in ski locker
    Fill 650 IBS bag in the nose
    Make sure opposite 900 is empty

Run boat up to 3200 RPM and then set cruise and speed up till wave looks clean then Claudia tells me to speed up or slow down but we are right around 11mph.

Al rode my wave today and he said its Ligit.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks for the info, but why did you go with the Straighline Sumo bags, you allready had the flyhigh 1100's

other question, wondering how you have it all plumed in--what pumpis doing what bag and what kind of fill times are we talking about
    Last edited by moombadaze; 08-07-2012 at 07:20 AM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Thanks for the info, but why did you go with the Straighline Sumo bags, you allready had the flyhigh 1100's

other question, wondering how you have it all plumed in--what pumpis doing what bag and what kind of fill times are we talking about
    I still need to do my ballast write up with pics.

Main reason for switching from Flyhigh to Sumo was 1 i wanted to upgrade from 3/4inch to 1inch lines.
    Straightline bags are slightly thiner material and a lot easier to work with then Flyhigh. They are just as tuff and strong but a more plyable material, so when you want to remove them they fold up much easier. Plus they all have built in vent cap so even if you dont want to run a vent line you can pop this cap and push the vent button.

Another reason is me and Wake Makers worked a deal out as they are selling Straightline Sumo as well and wanted to get a boat loaded up with them.

I run 2 of the new Johnson Ultra pumps http://www.wakemakers.com/johnson-ul...last-pump.html running the 1inch line i just sliped it over the outside of the fittings.
    I also use 2 Y valves, this allows the pumps to fill 4 bags and me to have control of what bag i fill or drain.

1 pump fills my regular 900, then i use the Y valve to switch it to the 450 when i want to fill it. Drains the same way as well.

Fill times, stock factory system 30 minutes to fill 1100s and or switch from regular to goofy.

New pumps 10 minutes to fill 900 and 3-4 minutes to fill the 450. To actualy swich from Regular to goofy because i weight both sides of the boat is 10 minutes flat. Just enough time to allow people to contribute to the lake, have a fast cold one and throw your vest on and grab a board lol.
    Use to whan switching sides, it was swim break, lunch time, empty the cooler of a 6 pack time LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Yes, Mike's wave is most definitely legit! This is me riding it last night.

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

very clean and huge wave! I noticed for goofy you leave the port rear bag empty but fill the port midship bag? I'm assuming you determined that this setup is best for goofy, but can you elaborate? Also, how much people-weight do you run with the ballast setups you posted above?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Mikes down at the Texas Moomba Jam this weekend with us. He has a great understanding of how the surf wave works and what needs to be done to fine tune it. He worked with us on our boat (we're complete noobs) and got the wave looking great. I event went wireless today.

On our LSV we filled our 1100 up about 75% on the port side, or 400 about 70% on the starboard side and the 400 in the ski locker 100%. Speed was around 10.4 and adjusted the wake plate from half to full up. Made a beautiful wave.

Thanks Mike!

You guys listen when Mike says to add weight to the side opposite your surfing side. Makes a HUGE difference.

Ron
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

THats a great look wave Mike
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    You guys listen when Mike says to add weight to the side opposite your surfing side. Makes a HUGE difference.

Ron
    plan to, that why i was asking Mike about his setup
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Mike I think the best way to say how much you are running is you just pump water into your boat until it is almost over the sides.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill