Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mmandley

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I thing to mention in the wave where Al has posted, thats with my wake plate all the way down flatning my wave out. If i raise it up it gets much much steeper, but Al didnt like that lol. The good thing is with a wave like mine you can adjust the wake plate and speed quite a bit and it stays clean.
    It took me three pulls to get used to the height of Mike's wave compared to mine. The first two pulls, I stuck the nose in coming down from the wave as I was not used to the height. After I made the adjustment, I didn't have any problems. Honestly, I do not need that much height, I would rather have additional length so Mike fine tuned the wave for me.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I've been wondering what the wave would be like it that rear 900lb bag was 1/2 full or even empty--ever try that?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

What do you mean 1/2 full or empty?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Ohh yea i like to just kiss the rub rail in the water, to much and it will put a line right threw the face of your wave. Like i have said before i think i have maxed out my LSV for surfing, i dont think i can change anything else for weight or placement, ive tried it all or there is a reason i cant add more to a spot because of safety.
    Mike, thanks a lot for the explanation and the testing you've done so that we can all advantage of the work you've put into this.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

What do you mean 1/2 full or empty?
    i'm just wondering what the wave would look like with all the other ballast full and then empty the rear one or have it be at 450lbs, not sink the ass so low
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    Mike, thanks a lot for the explanation and the testing you've done so that we can all advantage of the work you've put into this.
    Thanks man I really wish I could go visit everyone and help them dial there boats in. it's a real night and day difference but i'm more them Wyoming to help anyway I can
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    i'm just wondering what the wave would look like with all the other ballast full and then empty the rear one or have it be at 450lbs, not sink the ass so low
    Ok I got ya we run the goofy like your asking running the regular the way you describe and you will have a great wave but you might not have as much push.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mikes down at the Texas Moomba Jam this weekend with us. He has a great understanding of how the surf wave works and what needs to be done to fine tune it. He worked with us on our boat (we're complete noobs) and got the wave looking great. I event went wireless today.

On our LSV we filled our 1100 up about 75% on the port side, or 400 about 70% on the starboard side and the 400 in the ski locker 100%. Speed was around 10.4 and adjusted the wake plate from half to full up. Made a beautiful wave.

Thanks Mike!

You guys listen when Mike says to add weight to the side opposite your surfing side. Makes a HUGE difference.

Ron
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

THats a great look wave Mike
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Bro that wave is sick
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold