Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Gotta stretch the cord for the mike about 70 feet so you can shout over the tower speakers.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have enjoyed reading this thread. Over the years I too have experienced what many here have. It can be frustrating. My solution with a new or inexperienced driver is this: Keep the boat straight and the speed steady. I tell them 3800 rpm, and look to a point on shore and now and then glance in the mirror to see if you have any snake trails in the water. - 99 Outback LS - Go straight down the lake, do a key hole turn and come right back up the path we just made. Look in the mirror and I will adjust you a little. 99% of drivers will go too far and need a little move to the left to find the groove. I have had drivers directly in the rolling wake we just made and continue in that path with me tugging the line and pointing left. ha I also tell them to look for where my spray has hit the water and go in the middle of those. I also have new drivers ride with an experienced one and pay attention to them and then give it a go. I'm a pretty happy skier over all.
    99 Outback LS

It's going to take some time to read this thread and interested. Having our MB for 4 seasons my wife has become awesome being my driver. I express to her anytime she don't feel good about anything just stop and turn around and we can discuss it. I don't do any double up's so I have got her to run the full line and just kill the throttle just like when I fall. Turn around nicely and back off in the same line we came from. I suggest to have the wife/partner drive while you're in the boat to give instant instruction and learn without the pain of riding. My poor boy got the brunt of the learning curve but I have my wife drive even when out with a group of friends that are seasoned drivers.
    mb1.jpg
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    It's going to take some time to read this thread and interested. Having our MB for 4 seasons my wife has become awesome being my driver. I express to her anytime she don't feel good about anything just stop and turn around and we can discuss it. I don't do any double up's so I have got her to run the full line and just kill the throttle just like when I fall. Turn around nicely and back off in the same line we came from. I suggest to have the wife/partner drive while you're in the boat to give instant instruction and learn without the pain of riding. My poor boy got the brunt of the learning curve but I have my wife drive even when out with a group of friends that are seasoned drivers.
    mb1.jpg
    I need to get my wife to get behind the wheel more with our new boat. She just didn't feel comfortable with our last boat. The old supra was so hard to plane out at 22 for boarding and the throttle was too touchy! She was so worried about submarining the bow. The steering was tough and crooked due to a sticky cable and very old rudder. The captains chair was designed for going 32mph and was too low to see over bow for her. Lastly, freaking trailer was so hard to get centered and didn't have guide posts. With GPS, new steering, better trailer system and better captains chair she should be more comfortable. Understatement! I can do a ton of the training methods with her now. I am gonna read this thread as well. Its gonna be so nice not being the only person that can drive the boat! I always felt like I couldn't let anyone drive cuz they would mess it up, like letting someone drive my hotrod, NO! Now it will be like someone driving my F250 its ok but watch until trust. I sound like a controlling a-hole but I'm not, I think...

Like the photo! Your dog is so interested in what you are doing. lol
    Matt

2016 Moomba Craz
    440 Raptor
    Surf Edition
    Standard Cabin Stereo
    900# Rear Ballasts

Supra Mariah - Sold

F250 6.7L Diesel Tow Vehicle

My wife is an amazing driver so I am lucky there. She just recently told me she is tired of driving so much. I am hoping it was just because it was the end of the season and we spent some serious time on the water. At least she told me and I have been getting one of kids ready to take over and he is doing well.
    I had another person totally "throw" the pull by doing only 300' diameter circles in a huge area even after very specific instructions. The best I could tell is that they didn't wan to drive and wanted to be in the water. Can't figure out any other explanation.
    Sometimes people will do poorly to avoid doing what they don't wan to do. If that isn't the issue try patterns with just the two of you on a calm day without being pulled. That worked well with one of my boys.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap