Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

i was reading through these archives. . . oh my gosh I about peed myself at work reading these items. Has anyone ever tried horse blinders for the driver? Would that work? LOL

Too hard to pull figure 8's with the blinders on...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by SupraLaunch21V View Post
    i was reading through these archives. . . oh my gosh I about peed myself at work reading these items. Has anyone ever tried horse blinders for the driver? Would that work? LOL
    I've seen tube drivers with those on, I think. Or at least they drove like they couldn't see anyone on either side of them.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

It's been said but the alone time sessions are always the easiest to teach in without her feeling attacked. Ash is so worried about doing something dumb in front of other people that she seems to forget the easy things. Pretty much just trying too hard. With that said though, there are some things that are just hard to explain or get her comfortable with. She has yet to actually get me the handle on the passenger side of the boat when surfing (worried that she can't see me in the water) and still uncomfortable when other boats are within 50ft (last weekend surfing she made a very large loop nowhere near me because boats were coming towards me). Tried to explain I'd rather have our boat take a hit then me so please come back to me first, let them move. I'm just glad the XLV has such a high bow and freeboard because the second time she drove she nosed under and she about gave up here driving career right there cause it scared her. Then I did it and she felt a bit better. I may or may not have done it to make her feel better.
    Current - 2018 Moomba Craz
    Past - 2013 Moomba Mojo
    Past - 2004 Moomba XLV

Last night i got on Claudia a bit for her driving when i was Surfing. She used to drive all the time, but the last couple summers she never wants to drive, but when its me her and 1 other i trust her to drive more then the 1 other LOL.

I was surfing, and she comes to get me just fine but then when i get the rope she will do a circle around me to get to the direction she wants to go, and then the boat over corrects and shes facing to the left of where she wants to go, then i say go and she hit the throttle and immediately turns right forcing me to the goofy side and i have to fight all the wash, and pull myself to the regular side.

The other thing she does is when she pulls me up she goes half throttle so the boat only gets to like 7 or 8mph, then after what seems like 2 minutes she pushed the throttle down enough to reach the speed control limit of 11mph lol.

By the time she does this 3 or 4 times my arms are spent from holding on fighting all the wash.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mike, She is just trying to nicely tell you that you need to work on your upper body or she will leave you in the water. If she was mad at you she would just drop the hammer and get up to wakeboarding speeds before slowing down.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Guess mine's mad at me then.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Ahhh this post is such a gut buster! Like everyone lse on here I feel your pain and have expeirneced the melt odwns and frustrations of trying to teach my wife how to drive the boat, how to pull me, and how to pick me up.

Patience, patience, and yes even more patience!!!! It has paid off. My wife will pull me anywhere anytime. And that's about it. I wanted her to pull our daughter but funny thing is niether one of them wanted that! LOL

Agreed that it's tougher when your partner is not a skier or boarder, or anything other than your driver and sun tan trophy on your boat.

I am fortunate though that my wife is very good on the ramp! Something that very few other women are. I don't back the boat in or go get the truck at the end of teh day to load the boat and head for home - MY WIFE DOES!!! And she does this very well. We get compliments on her ramp abilities ALL THE TIME! This was accomplished easily with a couple pylons and evening sessions in mall parking lots where she had noone around and room to practice.

This summer my daughter (15) will get to learn how to drive our Nautique and eventually give dad a tug of two. My fear is the arguement that is going to blow up in the boat between her and her mom when I am waiting to be picked up in the water!!!!!! If it's anything like it is when they ar ein the car learning how to drive............dad is going to get cut up into fish bait!!!!! LOL
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

That one's easy. Driver's in charge. If Mom can't handle it SHE can drive.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    That one's easy. Driver's in charge. If Mom can't handle it SHE can drive.
    Agree.
    I had the issue of two people trying to be in charge as I was wakeboarding and I put a stop to that real quick. Driver is in charge but I am still in charge and will give you directions even from 70 feet back.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill