Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by bec View Post
    Have you tried Mequiers Quick Detailer. I use it all the time to get rid of water spots. It is much safer than using an acid and will not strip off your wax.
    Just tried it, helped out a little bit but still some main spots, polish now?
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

I have found the same thing, the quick detailer does not remove the water spots. Even on a new boat that has been religiously quick detailed after each use water spots appear. I'm not saying I will change from quick detailer however, it does such a great job of cleaning. I also don't use acid as you will actually strip the polymers that I work so hard to get into my paint ( car or boat). So I just use swirl remover, which lands at about 3 on a scale of 1-10 as far as how abrasive it is (10 being the most abrasive) and polish. I am going to try clay with the quick detailer and see if it works, I'm willing to bet it does.
    Everyone should own one if these:
    http://www.factoryauthorizedoutlet.c...cts/7346SP.asp

They are the most user friendly polisher made. I also put a bonnet on it and use it to wax, no more karate kid. They are also random orbit so they don't leave the dreaded swirl you see on dark cars after they are polished with a traditional rotary polisher. My black suburban can attest to this. And don't get me wrong I also have a rotary Makita polisher that I use for tough jobs, but it will never touch my swirl free black 'burb.
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by bec View Post
    Did you try using a moist microfiber cloth with the spray detailer as mentioned by Chris H?

Sometimes you have to spray your vehicle off with a hose then spray a few square feet with Quick Detailer and dry it good with a towel and continue until you have sprayed and dried the entire area with water spots...or you could just do it all.

Yeah I used the moist microfiber cloth, but did not wet it down first. I'm going to get a clay bar to try. Running out of luck here, would my babe spot solver work?
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

You are going to have to use whatever you need to get the water spots off (vinegar works well on the boat, I used mequires 205 or 105 on the vehicles with a Porter Cable DA polisher). Assume that any protection you had on it is now gone. If you then use a sealer, and top it with wax, then future spots will be easier to get out with a quick detailer. Once you reach the point where the quick detailer doesn't do it any more, then all your protection is gone and you have to reseal again. There's really no short-cutting the process.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Also make sure you are doing it in the shade. Early in the morning.... When it heats up it is goign to be hell.

I have a dark colored truck and i wash mine with meguires with carnuba beads, then dry, then spray detailer. Even do the windows with detailer. Works like rain x
    Chris H.
    2012 Mojo
    Wake Life

WS420sq,4 Rev8's,JL Amps,2-TypeR 12's,6-Interior Kicker, Green/White LED

Meguiars rv and marine oxidation removal finally did the trick, I tried everything hahaha
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold