Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Now a days with computers you just sit and type. Take a walk around the parking lot at work during lunch, break, after work before you go home. Take the stairs when you can. You do not have to get out and run just walk. You will be amazed on what it can do for you.
    True dat. I am a computer geek so I do sit alot. I used to get more exercise at work when I smoked LOL going out to smoke every couple hours and of course banished to the parking deck. The wife and I are trying to do more after work. We are going out on the boat tonight and swim. I may try a set of surfing. On nights we don't take the boat out we have been trying to go for a hike on some of the trails near us. My back and knee (old MCL/ACL/DislocatedPatella injury) have been a problem which is why more swimming and such. As I lose weight I'll get back into more hiking and biking. We have some really nice biking trails near us and the Silver Comet isn't too far to an access point. My knee has slowed me down on the stairs, but again once I lose enough that my knee doesn't bother me as much I usually do take the stairs at work, at least when leaving which is 6 flights.

I'm not a stranger to exercise. I played football in school, an enrollment in the Army, used to hike, bike, slalom ski(before wakeboards), snow ski, dirt bikes, swim, you name it. Spent as much time hiking around Yellowstone as I could (we lived only 90 miles away from the west entrance). That was back in Idaho before I moved to Georgia and had the life sucked out of me by the heat, humidity, and relentless work...

Things have changed... In the immortal words of Russel Casse "Hello, boys! I'm back!" -- (Randy Quaid in Independence Day 1996)
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

OK, time for the peer pressure/support! How's it going, Kapt'n?

Yeah, let's hear it. I've stagnated at about -11 lbs. Gonna have to rev up the metabolism this weekend. Of course our church is having a big BBQ. I'll have to stick to the meat only and light beer.

TIP: I've started grilling 5 lbs. of boneless skinless chicken breast every Sunday. On top of a salad it makes for great light dinners during the week when you are busy and would reach for crap because it is easy and you are tired.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    TIP: I've started grilling 5 lbs. of boneless skinless chicken breast every Sunday. On top of a salad it makes for great light dinners during the week when you are busy and would reach for crap because it is easy and you are tired.
    I've found this trick, too. Perfect for me during the work week as I always seem to have somthing that keeps me from a healthy lunch so I end up snacking then gorging at dinner. I think that puts my metabolism into that "starvation & store" mode somebody mentioned.

I also found at Target these great smoothie packs that I'm trying to use for snacks versus 'tater chips.
    They are simple as the fruit & yogurt are all in a singel pack so you simply add juice and ice & blend. Liquor is optional.

No its not.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have been using the http://www.mapmyrun.com/ app for workouts and the http://www.everydayhealth.com/calorie-counter.aspx to track food... it has a barcode scanner on it to quickscan things. I am down 6lbs in 3 weeks... which I think is about right as far as loss.

AND, I have stopped drinking beer. Vodka/Perrier seems much less bloating.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

That's against my religion.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I hear ya... but have you ever tried one???
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Nope. I switched over the weekend to beer flavored water. It's called Bud Select 55. I'm down 15 lbs. as of today and still going strong. Trying to prove a theory that you can drink (watery) beer and lose weight.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Haven't heard much from Kraig lately. Ahoy, Kaptain! How goes the new boat project?

BTW- I"m right where I was a few weeks ago. Started walking 30-40 min. about 4 days/week. We'll see if it helps.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!