Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
Now a days with computers you just sit and type. Take a walk around the parking lot at work during lunch, break, after work before you go home. Take the stairs when you can. You do not have to get out and run just walk. You will be amazed on what it can do for you.
True dat. I am a computer geek so I do sit alot. I used to get more exercise at work when I smoked LOL going out to smoke every couple hours and of course banished to the parking deck. The wife and I are trying to do more after work. We are going out on the boat tonight and swim. I may try a set of surfing. On nights we don't take the boat out we have been trying to go for a hike on some of the trails near us. My back and knee (old MCL/ACL/DislocatedPatella injury) have been a problem which is why more swimming and such. As I lose weight I'll get back into more hiking and biking. We have some really nice biking trails near us and the Silver Comet isn't too far to an access point. My knee has slowed me down on the stairs, but again once I lose enough that my knee doesn't bother me as much I usually do take the stairs at work, at least when leaving which is 6 flights.

I'm not a stranger to exercise. I played football in school, an enrollment in the Army, used to hike, bike, slalom ski(before wakeboards), snow ski, dirt bikes, swim, you name it. Spent as much time hiking around Yellowstone as I could (we lived only 90 miles away from the west entrance). That was back in Idaho before I moved to Georgia and had the life sucked out of me by the heat, humidity, and relentless work...

Things have changed... In the immortal words of Russel Casse "Hello, boys! I'm back!" -- (Randy Quaid in Independence Day 1996)