Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default The Smith's Supra Weight Loss Challenge

As recommended by Drew this will be my thread to track the progress of the Smith's Supra Weight Loss Challenge I was given by my wonderful wife. The challenge is that I lose at least 80 pounds by August 1, 2013. If I meet or exceed the weight loss challenge target within the allotted time I have been given authorization by my lovely wife to begin negotiations to sell or trade in my 2010 Moomba Outback V and purchase a New Supra 21V or 22V. We have not yet decided between the Launch and the Sunsport as yet. I am leaning towards the Launch but the wife seems to like the walk thru bow on the Sunsport better than the playpen.

The wife made this deal while we were out boating on Monday July 30th, 2012. Since the offer was made I have lost 11.5 pounds, so far so good.

For the case of full disclosure my beginning weight was 310 so with the 11.5 loss I am currently at 298.5 as of 5:30 AM this morning, so that leaves at least 68.5 pounds yet to lose over the next year.

As a side note my wife has allowed the negotiations to start earlier, in July 2013, if I have met the minimum weight loss goal by then.

I guess I’ll update this thread each month around the 1st...
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

So… anyone looking to buy a super nice 2010 Moomba Outback V in the next year???

Indmar 325 Assault
    GIII Ballast with Jabsco Reversable Impeller Pumps
    OEM Bimini
    Monster Tower Cargo Bimini with custom mounting clamp system
    2 Swivel Roswell board racks, one has upgrade Surf/Wakeboard rack & tines, second has wakeboard/wakeboard tines, also includes wakeboard/wakeboard tines from first rack
    2 sets of static wakeboard rack tines on lower tower crossbars
    Upgraded Digital Pro Cruise, also includes original Moomba Cruise Module.
    New Clarion CMS1 Stereo
    Relocated ballast pumps to Starboard locker to allow more room for ballast in the port locker for wakesurfing in regular stance.
    Last edited by KSmith; 08-03-2012 at 08:06 AM.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Keep this updated once a week as your official weigh in day---nothing like seeing your loss in print to keep the motivation going
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Way to go!!! Keep up the good work... I need to lose 5 or 30 pounds myself!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Kraig, this is great and you are off to a fantastic start! Keep us posted on your progress; we're here to support you.

And, help sell ya a new Supra!

Maybe some you should work in some other incentives like if you lose 5 more than your goal you get to add X option, 10 more than your goal another option, etc. At 100, you get a fully loaded, every option mac-Daddy 22V.

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    Way to go!!! Keep up the good work... I need to lose 5 or 30 pounds myself!
    you should join Kapt'n Kraig in the challenge!

Way to go kraig... 11 to start makes it sound so easy but you have a tough road ahead.
    Agree with small goals along the way. Need to stay motivated. As you probably know, the hardest part will be keeping it off, but a year should develop some great habits.

I agree with chawk. I need ti drop 20. Its all barley/hops weight.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Atta boy! I think most of us could stand do lose a few lbs to get back down to our "playing weight" if you will.

What is your plan thus far to cut down the weight? Do you have a diet plan mapped out? What bad habits caused the weight gain? Is tour wife going to hold you accountable for slacking?? If not find someone who will!

All good things to know for obvious reasons. I'll be following your progress so good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by WaterBullDawg1980 View Post
    What is your plan thus far to cut down the weight? Do you have a diet plan mapped out? What bad habits caused the weight gain? Is tour wife going to hold you accountable for slacking?? If not find someone who will!
    Diet and more frequent exercise. Not a diet plan per se but more drinking more water and less milk or soda. Less fast food, more veggies for snacks, sugar free popsicles are good . Watch fat content (read nutrition info), smaller portions. We bought some low cal cook books and will be putting them to use. Basically just common sense stuff, less calories in, more calories out...

Bad habits, well, nothing specific but not much exercise. I put on beer weight before I stopped drinking beer about 6 years ago. 5 years ago my Sister died and then 4 years ago my Dad died and I was pretty depressed for quite some time after each of those... About 3 years ago I got wicked sick for about 8 months that I really couldn't do anything as I couldn't breath... around this time I stopped smoking, which lead to more weight gain, snacking I guess and less trips to the parking lot to smoke, so less stairs... so no real exercise to speak of during that time... then there has been the mega stress of my last job for the last 3-4 years but that has been addressed with my new job...

It is amazing what stress can do to a person, mentally and physically. I really didn't understand the amount of stress I was under until it was gone. Wow, whole new world, actually care about life and all again.

So new job is in place, working on diet and exercise which will always be a work in progress, and now the added incentive of a Supra. Not much left to use as an excuse...

If I had to pick one word that is the make or break word it is attitude. And right now it's better than it has been since I moved to GA 15 years ago.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

i lost 35lbs from March - Early June. I was losing 10 lbs a month.. it was pretty easy.. (dieting only, no real exercise since I don't have a gym membership anywhere) right now I am working on sustaining the weight since it's hard to lose weight in the middle of summer (Beers / BBQ / etc.), once fall hits, it's back to weight loss.. I still want to lose about 10-15 lbs.

I started at 240-245, currently at 205.

if you need any tips for what worked for me, let me know.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]