Default Bluetooth for ZLD.... works awesome

So i was in "the source" the other day and saw a RCA to bluetooth 12V setup, so on a whim i snagged it. I am currently using the ZLD as my head unit and have a set of RCA to Ipod 30 pin connector as the Aux in but had nothing on the Main input. I plugged the bluetooth to the main input and really like how it works... Only thing is the KMR 700U that i put into my boat last year is now collecting dust!!

This in my mind is the best idea for a head unit because you can pass your ipod/bluetooth ready device around the boat to whomever to pick out music and there is no wires. Also i didn't have a remote for the 700U so now i just have a suction cup mount on my side window that holds many different type of phones and it's all at my fingertips.

On another note the ZLD was the best purchase i've made for my boat outside of perfect pass!! i love having the ability to fade out the cabin and tower speakers and to easily adjust the bass as well.

I also didn't notice any quality difference in the music, but at first i had the gain on the EQ turned up to much and didn't have much adjustment on the volume before it became to loud... when it was set like that i could hear a background hiss... very faint but it was there! As soon as i turned down the gain a little it was gone.

Lovin my Exile gear!
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

What brand/model of bluetooth device is it?

It is a belkin, i'm sorry i never kept the packaging and i can't find anything on the device that has a model number on it.

It comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack but then has an adapter to go from 3.5mm to rca's with it. The little receiver puck is slightly larger than a toonie (haha canadian money lol) and black.

geoff

yes, i would love to be able to jam wirelessly!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

yes that is the one, but mine included the 3.5 to rca cord as well.

cheers

geoff

Quote Originally Posted by saskyrider View Post
    is slightly larger than a toonie (haha canadian money lol)
    Translation .........

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

lol thanks KG, looks like a pretty good product. I think I'll likely be picking one of these up before my 200 mile boat trip at the end of the month.

I was pretty impressed with the range to.... stopped at the dock to switch out some of the crew and ran back onto the beach with my phone in my pocket... i figure i was 100 feet away and it still kept the signal.

Hey guys on these bluetooth links, if your phone gets a text or phone call does that ring into the speakers?

Want to get one of these, but don't want to have bin/bongs and rings going through stereo all the time.