Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Want to replace the carpet in your LSV?

This was the post from Scott:

check out poseidon flooring. I got to sample it the other day at the dealer. removable like carpet, spongey like seadek(only MUCH thicker) and removable so it's easy to clean.. I wish I had the option to have ordered it. it looks like a rubber weave doormat when you first look at it, but once you stand on it, you are sold..
    it's a pretty spendy option to check on the boats that do have it(~$850), but you can buy it online in rolls similar to carpet and I understand pieces seam together easy for a full-floor look. looks to be in the 350-400 range to do an average boat-as much as having snap-in carpet made and cheaper than messing with either permanently mounting seadek(and now it's permanent again) or trying to retrofit seadek in some removable fashion.

http://www.poseidonflooring.com/

So, I sent off an email and had a call from the President of the company within an hour. He is STOKED to provide a solution for Moomba owners. As the LSV has been the best selling Moomba model, I suggested that we start with here. I also suggested this so we can all pressure RDLANGSTON to take his boat to their shop to get a template made for the 2006-2012 LSV's.

Once a template is developed and digitized, folks can order their choice of color and logo(s). Turnaround was quoted at 2 weeks. Cost TBD, but a group buy discount will be part of the deal. I will have some samples of the product at the TX Jam so folks can feel it and see some of the available colors.

Big THANKS to sandm (glad we let you stick around) for finding what may be a fantastic solution to worn, matted, nasty looking carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    This was the post from Scott:

check out poseidon flooring. I got to sample it the other day at the dealer. removable like carpet, spongey like seadek(only MUCH thicker) and removable so it's easy to clean.. I wish I had the option to have ordered it. it looks like a rubber weave doormat when you first look at it, but once you stand on it, you are sold..
    it's a pretty spendy option to check on the boats that do have it(~$850), but you can buy it online in rolls similar to carpet and I understand pieces seam together easy for a full-floor look. looks to be in the 350-400 range to do an average boat-as much as having snap-in carpet made and cheaper than messing with either permanently mounting seadek(and now it's permanent again) or trying to retrofit seadek in some removable fashion.

http://www.poseidonflooring.com/

So, I sent off an email and had a call from the President of the company within an hour. He is STOKED to provide a solution for Moomba owners. As the LSV has been the best selling Moomba model, I suggested that we start with here. I also suggested this so we can all pressure RDLANGSTON to take his boat to their shop to get a template made for the 2006-2012 LSV's.

Once a template is developed and digitized, folks can order their choice of color and logo(s). Turnaround was quoted at 2 weeks. Cost TBD, but a group buy discount will be part of the deal. I will have some samples of the product at the TX Jam so folks can feel it and see some of the available colors.

Big THANKS to sandm (glad we let you stick around) for finding what may be a fantastic solution to worn, matted, nasty looking carpet.
    could be interested depending on price and difficulty of installation.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Price - hoping to get it under $400 but who the heck knows what you Canadiens will have to pay.

Installation - I think you can choose to have it snap down, in which case you would have to screw the snap into your deck OR you can simply lay it down in the boat.

I'm def. interested but mine is an 05 so not sure about templating it..... I've pulled the floor up in mine twice this year and taken it to the carwash and spent over 10 bucks each time power washing the carpet....
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

i'm guessing removal of old carpet is necessary
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV

I'd be interested if they get a 2009+ Outback V template made....
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by spyder View Post
    i'm guessing removal of old carpet is necessary
    I'd think that would be a good idea, but don't know that it would be required.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I'd think that would be a good idea, but don't know that it would be required.
    i'm guessing you'd need to or water would never escape from underneath
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV

I am definitely interested in this option. I was just looking at my carpet with dismay the other day and wondering what I am going to do about replacing it.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

I will also be in if they can do something for my DD Outback.
    2013 Outback V