Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chick-fil-A

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Uhhhhhh what? I don't recall that from history class.

If I remember correctly the first settlers (Pilgrims) were fleeing religious persecution in Europe. Specifically, the freedom to believe in Christ.

Believe me, I'm no bible thumper. However, I definitely prefer christian morals and beliefs over the alternative.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 08-03-2012 at 09:12 AM. Reason: fixed/closed quote for the thumper :)
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!
    2009 Outback V

If you took the time to look up many of the organizations that Chick-fil-A donates money to, you will find that they are Christian based and each one of them does great things to help out the community and people in need. Some will say that since they are Christian based these organizations are "anti-gay" but that is not the case, as true Christians will treat everyone in equality.
    Chick-fil-A donates the most amount of money to an organization they created called Winshape homes which gives homes, a family, and food to orphaned children. If that is not feeding the hungry then what is?
    2012 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post

David, chickfila contributes millions to anti gay organizations. A couple Mayors from major cities, Chicago and Boston, urged/ban them from their cities. It was done in a way that violates first amendment rights. The appreciation day was yesterday and some claim it was a stand for 1st amendment but for most it was a stand against the gay community. Based on the tone of this thread and everything I've seen elsewhere, it seems to have a base at the social issue, human equality, not as a first amendment issue.

Everyone here has their own opinion, and rightfully so.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Organizations specifically formed for an anti gay agenda or just Christian organization that by default are anti gay? I don't even know of a specifically anti gay organization... Maybe I live under a rock though.

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I don't mind gay people, just don't want to have to watch them on tv everytime I turn it on.

The world is getting over populated, maybe what we need is more gay people ahahahahahahaaaa

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Were planning to all order lunch from there today
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Maybe I live under a rock though.
    I found that I do when I begain to investigate this situation. One of the fringe organizations that a fractional amount of money was donated to by WinShape is Exodus International. Google it for yourself.

Unfortunately, folks have gone to great extremes to connect some dots that just aren't there. They have manipulated the facts to create a controversy that simply isn't there and worked to create a divide amoungst people which is directly counter to what they claim to stand for. The over-dramatization of simple things is the new way of our world. It is why I refuse to watch the news.

I like pie.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I like pie.
    So, you discriminate against cake?

Chik-fil-a has good lemon pie

David

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    So, you discriminate against cake?
    Yes. I dont like boston cream pie either. Its made too far north.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten