cbboarder, precisely ... to escape religious persecution ... to start a country where everyone is free to choose their own religion and where there is a separation between the churches and the country, not a foundation in a religion.

"The government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the christian religion" Treaty of Tripoli signed under George Washington's presidency.

I mentioned the charities to try to explain the recent events of the past weeks. It wasn't to establish whether or not Chickfila stands for "traditional" marriage or against gay-marriage. Cathy made that clear. But to further his comments, the charities don't help. Some others besides Exodus ... Marriage and Family Foundation, Georgia Family Council, and Family Research Council, which is a certified anti-gay hate group. So yes, actually anti-gay groups.

The many that supported chickfila on Wed did so as christians who support traditional marriage and don't believe gays deserve marital rights. Whether that's how the appreciation day started is debatable, but whether or not that's why people showed up doesn't seem quite as debatable, as evidenced by this thread and other social venues. Yes, I agree, though, it blew up via the media but despite where it started I thought it was clear what it had become about. I could be the one living under a rock, though?

What do someones religious beliefs and a state recognized legal contract have to do with one another? I have no clue.

At the end of the day, equality for the gay community is going to happen and chickfila is going to continue serving chicken loved by many ... and I'm good with both.