Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chick-fil-A

We are standing up for what "we" believe in. Doesn't mean you have to though... back to McD's and those gross "goo nuggets" for ya!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Ok so did Chik-Fil-A say actual negative comments about the LGBT community or just turn down an invitation to participate in some kind of event? Am I wrong?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

They CEO Dan Cathy said that he was in favor of traditional marriage. He also asked who is man too say that they are better than God to decide what constitutes a marriage.
    2012 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by z71 View Post
    They CEO Dan Cathy said that he was in favor of traditional marriage. He also asked who is man too say that they are better than God to decide what constitutes a marriage.
    Free speech is a funny thing huh? It's suddenly wrong when you do not agree with it. It's a shame that they are getting so much heat.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

This country was founded on Christian beliefs. Unfortunately, many have forgotten this.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body!
    2009 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by cbboarder View Post
    This country was founded on Christian beliefs. Unfortunately, many have forgotten this.
    Like button
    2012 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cbboarder View Post
    Uhhhhhh what? I don't recall that from history class.

David, chickfila contributes millions to anti gay organizations. A couple Mayors from major cities, Chicago and Boston, urged/ban them from their cities. It was done in a way that violates first amendment rights. The appreciation day was yesterday and some claim it was a stand for 1st amendment but for most it was a stand against the gay community. Based on the tone of this thread and everything I've seen elsewhere, it seems to have a base at the social issue, human equality, not as a first amendment issue.

Everyone here has their own opinion, and rightfully so.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 08-02-2012 at 11:05 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post

David, chickfila contributes millions to anti gay organizations. A couple Mayors from major cities, Chicago and Boston, urged/ban them from their cities. It was done in a way that violates first amendment rights. The appreciation day was yesterday and some claim it was a stand for 1st amendment but for most it was a stand against the gay community. Based on the tone of this thread and everything I've seen elsewhere, it seems to have a base at the social issue, human equality, not as a first amendment issue.

Everyone here has their own opinion, and rightfully so. For me, I don't see myself eating there again for quite sometime, if that's how we are supposed to vote .... ?

legitimately, on this whole issue... who gives a shit what someone else is doing.. they aren't hurting you, why should you hurt them.. (physically or verbally)
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Why not leave gays alone and feed people who are hungry with all that money? Believe it or not there are millions if hungry kids in this country. But once again, no one cares.
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post

Everyone here has their own opinion, and rightfully so.

I seriously doubt that Dan Cathy believes a gay person is not as equal of a person as someone else. As for all the supporters I have no idea. But I would tend to agree with you that the majority of them are just "anti gay" and while I think it is wrong, I will never begin to judge a person's character based upon what team they bat for. I have been taught since I was little to leave the judging up to God. It is a shame that many who call themselves a Christian are so quick to judge others when it teaches the opposite in the Good Book.

The main issue I have is that I am of the opinion that many of the same people who are so upset with Dan Cathy's stance would have no problem if a gay business owner in San Fran (pardon my obvious prejudice against San Fran) catered to only gay people. Maybe a bad example, but I think you get my point. Bottom line, ALL of us as Americans are entitled to Freedom of Speech. While we may not all agree, we should all respect each others opinions. Compromise seems to be a lost art in our society and it is a damn shame. We could use a few Henry Clays in the US today.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden