Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chick-fil-A

cbboarder, precisely ... to escape religious persecution ... to start a country where everyone is free to choose their own religion and where there is a separation between the churches and the country, not a foundation in a religion.

"The government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the christian religion" Treaty of Tripoli signed under George Washington's presidency.

I mentioned the charities to try to explain the recent events of the past weeks. It wasn't to establish whether or not Chickfila stands for "traditional" marriage or against gay-marriage. Cathy made that clear. But to further his comments, the charities don't help. Some others besides Exodus ... Marriage and Family Foundation, Georgia Family Council, and Family Research Council, which is a certified anti-gay hate group. So yes, actually anti-gay groups.

The many that supported chickfila on Wed did so as christians who support traditional marriage and don't believe gays deserve marital rights. Whether that's how the appreciation day started is debatable, but whether or not that's why people showed up doesn't seem quite as debatable, as evidenced by this thread and other social venues. Yes, I agree, though, it blew up via the media but despite where it started I thought it was clear what it had become about. I could be the one living under a rock, though?

What do someones religious beliefs and a state recognized legal contract have to do with one another? I have no clue.

At the end of the day, equality for the gay community is going to happen and chickfila is going to continue serving chicken loved by many ... and I'm good with both.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

.... and I'm not a big fan of pie.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    So, you discriminate against cake?
    depends on the icing
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    So, you discriminate against cake?
    Please. .. like the agenda behind wedding cake isn't obvious. Standing up tall all high and mighty with all that white icing and vanilla cake. #KeepingABrothaDown

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

There seems to be a change in headline titles regarding the subject now ....
    2016 Moomba Mojo

I still like pie..

'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

and the almighty dollar wins again...

The Los Angeles Times reports that "Chick-fil-A will no longer donate money to anti-gay groups or discuss hot-button political issues after an executive's controversial comments this summer landed the fast-food chain in the middle of the gay marriage debate.

Executives agreed in recent meetings to stop funding groups opposed to same-sex unions, including Focus on the Family and the National Organization for Marriage, according to Chicago Alderman Proco Joe Moreno."

The agreement, the story suggests, will lead to local officials not indulging in anti-Chick-fil-A rhetoric and suggesting that the chain would not fit into cities with, shall we say, a more liberal electorate.

The controversy began this summer when CEO Dan Cathy said that he supported what he called "the Biblical definition" of marriage, and suggested that he would support organizations that took that position.

As the Times writes, "Supporters swarmed restaurants around the country in early August, as protesters gathered outside, for Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day, launched by former presidential candidate and conservative Mike Huckabee.

"A report from LGBT advocacy group Equality Matters found that from 2003 to 2009, Chick-fil-A donated more than $3 million to Christian groups that oppose homosexuality. In 2010, the fast-food company gave nearly $2 million to such causes, according to the report."

Now, the story says, the company has said it "will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas."

Do you still like pie?

yes, but I did have a piece of cake at our building meeting yesterday since my bday was in september.. I felt like I was cheating on pie..