Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Dan I'll send it tonight when I get home from work. Thanks.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

WARNING regarding the adapter plate! Due to scheduling limitations, I went ahead and bought my own F2 jack and adapter plate, plus the F2 (two-speed version) winch, separately last month.

1. The adapter plate that Boatmate shipped me did not have a 1/2" hole drilled in the center to allow for the old single bolt of the OEM jack. That caused delays as I scrambled to borrow the right gear to drill it out.

2. The lock washers are very soft! I recommend that you buy others from your local shop. Two of the four washers crushed out from under the bolt heads. I didn't notice it happening the first time. The bolt head came down crooked and the bolt broke off in the plate. I caught it happening again on a second one and managed to back out the bolt before it broke.

WARNING regarding the F2 winch!

3. I found that the hole for the handle's bolt was drilled out slightly too large, allowing the steel sleeve that allows the handle to spin to slip slightly inside, deforming the sleeve and bolt and preventing the handle from turning. The similar hardware on the F2 jack was not similarly impaired. Adding a washer between the handle and the crank should prevent the problem.

4. Also, the winch ships with only short bolts. The OEM bolts are 4", but the new winch has much thicker metal. You'll need to buy 4.5" bolts to install it.

Despite various attempts and trips to the hardware store before and during my vacation, I still don't have my new F2 jack or winch fully installed. <grumble> The main hardware appears to be awesome. The fiddly bits can prevent one from performing a simple bolt-on installation.

I took photographs of the above issues 2 and 3. I just haven't caught up enough to offload them and send them to the manufacturers yet. Hopefully this post will help the rest of you avoid such obstacles to F2 happiness.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Dan, my payment has been sent.

Justin
    2008 Supra 21V
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hey dan is the deadline over for round 2 i was thinking about ordering the winch a while back but never pulled the trigger on it
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

Quote Originally Posted by gus 08 mobius lsv View Post
    hey dan is the deadline over for round 2 i was thinking about ordering the winch a while back but never pulled the trigger on it
    order isn't final until tomorrow so hustle!

ok i just got back from vacation last night and seen this group buy guess i'm a little too late cause i'm not sure how to send a pay pal gift
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

Hey Dan, when you place the order are you providing us with tracking numbers?

When are you making round 2's orders?

I'll send out tracking info as soon as it's provided to me. We had a ton of orders so the mfg is working hard to get them all put together. I'll update this thread with any info as soon as I have it.

Should the jack and winch from the first orders still be pending? I've not received either so I just want to verify this is expected.
    Thanks,
    Iowa05LSV
    2005 Mobius LSV

Update: I will have tracking numbers for all the first rounders on Monday or Tuesday. I have the actual shipping charges as well so I'll review and let you know if we are off either direction.