Thread: Olympic Thread

Default Olympic Thread

How many of you guys get into the Olympics? I love em. I usually like the Winter more than the summer but both are awesome. Thought the Opening Ceremonies in London were "meh". Kinda hard to compete against what China put on. Pretty much anyone coming after them was going to look sub par. Thought they should have incorporated more of their rock legends. Ah well. Still very entertaining.

Glad to see the US get a big applause from the Brits when we entered into Olympic Stadium.

Looks like Phelps is not in the same form as last time although this this last event was obviously not his strongest. Maybe Deerfield can comment more on what happened today with Phelps placing fourth.

Anyhow, love watching them. Top athletes in the world competing is awesome. Wouldn't you love to see what goes down in the Olympic Village with these folks? Lots of rumors swirling! It will be interesting to see how the crappy UK weather impacts the competition.

As an FYI, women's beach volleyball is on now. :beer:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

I get real into too, I even watched part of the US womens soccer team beat columbia today on my lunch break. Sadly I am at work till friday so I will miss most of it but I will try and watch whatever I can!

GO USA!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Heck ya! I saw our women beat Croatia like a rented mule today. It was a close game until the fourth. Heard that our women are even larger favorites than our men's round ball team.

Watching some Irishman do floor gymnastics right now. Looks like one of the Hobbits from Lord of the Rings.

-Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Also with China's men's gymnastics team doing so bad, it pains me to say there are going to be some missing Chinamen after these Olympics.

-Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8

-John Wooden

I enjoy most of it too. There was a little gymnast girl who made it there who was the first one from whatever the heck country she's from to ever make the Olympics in gymnastics. She's gonna get the rings tatooed on her when she gets home. That was a neat story. Of course we also had to listen to Bela Karolyi whining about how only 2 from each country get to compete in the all around after this year's pet Jordyn Wieber blew her shot at it.

I will say that watching swimming makes me feel kind of old and kind of fat. Need to go work out and quit drinking beer all day watching the Olympics.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Hmmm, Really Kaneboats. Going to stop drinking beer. I'm not going to the lake anymore either.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

I didn't say I was going to stop drinking light beer. Although I'm not going to the lake for the rest of the year. Now, the river, that's another story.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Anyone see that Chinawoman swimmer's feet? They were like having paddles on. Her hands were as big as Lebrons. Her split time was faster than Ryan Lochte. Something doesn't pass the smell test.

USA better step up their game. Still second in medals. Should start making up some ground with women's gymnastics though.

-Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8

-John Wooden

Looks like like we are going to have an all USA women's volleyball final. #FeelsGoodToBeTheBest

-Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8

-John Wooden