Default Ballast upgrade from WakeMakers -- need install plan!

Howdy. I just picked up a major upgrade package from WakeMakers. The problem is that they sold me a pretty comprehensive system but didn't include a printout of the plan for it! All that was included was a diagram of the electrical hookup for the new switch.

The system adds two underseat bow bags and replaces all pumps/valves/hoses/wiring. The only parts of the old system to remain are the three switches and the three Fly High ballast bags.

The new parts include three new brass through-hulls, four reversible pumps, but oddly include a mix of 1" and 3/4" hoses, and an extra little through-hull drain valve that I cannot fathom. There are tons of fittings, including both a 1" and a 3/4" tee (not Y-valves). One of the tees is to split the new reversible bow pump to two bow sacs, but I don't know what the other is for.

There was a lot of email/phone back-and-forth between me and WakeMakers. Eventually I had to have them ship it. They never responded to my request for the exact plan. Has anyone else here gotten a similar upgrade, WITH instructions? I at least need to know the best locations for through-hull fittings (one new one for rear, center and bow).
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

I am guessing here but it sounds like you are going to reversible pumps... If thats the case the 3/4 hoses are for your vents... You will use the old drain holes to vent the bags since your rev pumps drain & fill using the new thru hulls... It sounds like you are adding a bag & will add another vent hole too? I did a similar upgrade this spring & got all my stuff from WM with no instructions... They are good about answering anything over the phone or email... There are also a couple of great threads on here that go step by step thru everything... Just search ballast upgrade... Good Luck...

pm mmandley. he has done quite a bit of upgrades and if he can't get you though it, he has a connection there. I'm sure he'd hook you up

good luck and hope it slams your boat....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Ian i just did a ballast upgrade with WM and reversable pumps as well. I can answer most of your questions, you will end up with extra parts, they ship a few extras so you have some flexability on how to do your install.

Try not to get over whelmed with the amount of things they sent you, you just have to break it down to each section.

If your planning on using 1 reversable pump for the bow then you should have a Y valve in a box. This allows you to control what bag it fills and drains in the bow. I use 2 of these in my boat for the 4 bags in the rear of the boat.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] and i should be able to help you threw most of your stress, and i can give you some ideas where to mount pumps and threw hulls.

I think i even have a thread on my new ballast system with pictures on the threw hulls and such.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Excellent. Thanks, folks. I'm heading out to fetch the boat from the marina now. The hint about venting made me realise that, yes, of course going to all reversible pumps will still require venting. That's what the new little through-hull and small tee are for (the two new bow bags). So, only the vents will be 3/4". All of the fill and drain lines will be 1".

mmandley, thanks for the offer. When I get back, I'll look for your pictures and check WakeMakers on-line HowTo section again, now that I know what to look for. I might end up emailing you much later today.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini