Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default any body done a swivel seat on 05 lsv?

Any body done a swivel seat on 05 lsv? This is a mod I would love to have on my boat
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

2005 mobius lsv

i read that this moring but my 05 driver seat is mounted to the floor.
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

How hard is it to remove the seat? If you can take it out, then I would say the mod would be nearly the same. Only difference would be mounting it to the floor, but could probably put spacers between the aluminum plate and the floor. Or better yet you could tie in another mod by mounting the sliding rail to the floor and do the rest from there. Not sure what your seat back looks like, but if back is open you would have to check height and other variables to make sure seat could swivel without interference. Where there's a will...
    Scott
    '07 Mobius LSV
    Indmar Assault 5.7
    Gravity III- 1100 lb. in port locker, 2300 lbs total
    ACME 1617

I am gonna check it out this weekend as the boat is at lake, but I am buying the swivel in case it works. I am so surprised that no one has done this mod to my model of boat!
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

Quote Originally Posted by saskie99 View Post
    I am gonna check it out this weekend as the boat is at lake, but I am buying the swivel in case it works. I am so surprised that no one has done this mod to my model of boat!
    Never saw the need I guess. Don't know what you're missing if you've never had it lol

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

I did it on my '06 OBV, which I believe is the exact same boat. If I remember correctly, just pull up the main cushion on the seat and unsnap the vinyl on the leading edge of the seat, and it reveals the bolts to remove the seat. I used two SS plates, one to bolt the seat to, and the other to bolt to the slide rails. The swivel was sandwiched between the two plates. Other than that, it was very similar installation as this thread. I used the angled aluminum piece to elevate the rear of the bottom SS plate as well.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

that is awesome news, so there was no clearence issues? Do you have to use a metal plate or will 3/4 inch treated ply wood work??
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

that is awesome news, so there was no clearence issues? Do you have to use a metal plate or will 3/4 inch treated ply wood work??
    there are clearance issues with the '05. You won't be able to swivel the seat all the way around due to the seat design vs an '07+ LSV, but I didn't care about that. I offset my seat a bit to port to give a little more room to swivel, but you have to be careful where you set the front to back setting, as swiveling the seat can hit the kill switch next to the seat. I personal would use SS or aluminum plating. I used two plates, one to attach to the seat bottom, and the other to attach to the rails. The swivel was sandwiched between the plates.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

i never even thought for one second about kill switch, hahaa mine has never been pulled off that little kill switch thing just sits there. I j should just hard wire it and be done with it all together. Does your seat go at least 1/4 way around?
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake