Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCOBRA View Post
    I don't think a cutting board in place of the metal plate would be rigid enough to support the weight of the seat and driver. It isn't mounted flat onto the slide rail, so the plate has to be strong enough not to flex (2nd pic). The reason that you don't mount it flat is to be able to slide seat back and forth. I used aluminum mainly because it's a bit easier to work with than steel, although a steel plate could be a bit thinner, I believe Newty said his was 3/16" thick. Hope that helps.
    Perfect - thanks!

How exactly does the plate mount on the rail? I know screws or bolts but where does it mount? Do you have to drill new holes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

I used 1/4" metal plate, as I was concerned about the strength issue and I'm a bigger guy. I simply measured the plate to be wide enough and long enough to bolt to the factory holes on the sliders and then used the swivel part as a template and centered it on the plate (I think). End result was that in the forward position, the seat is at the same place it would be without the swivel part, just an inch or so higher.
    As far as the swivel part mounting to the seat base, I am a little foggy on that, but I believe that I had to drill new holes in the base so that the seat matched/ lined up with the swivel holes. I will look at the boat and refresh my memory this weekend. I will also be sure to take some photos to document my efforts/ where the levers are and such.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

[QUOTE=E4NASH;187856]How exactly does the plate mount on the rail? I know screws or bolts but where does it mount? Do you have to drill new holes? As moombahighrider said the plate mounts to the slide rail using original holes. The bottom of my seat has 4 pairs of pre-drilled and machined holes which lining 4 of them up makes a 5"x5" square and the swivel has elongated holes that are able to line up with that pattern and possibly a 4x4 or 6x6 pattern. i'll attach a pic and you can see the swivel mounted to seat and in left and right you can see the holes that I didn't use (they have silver threads in them) I mounted seat to the center set of those holes.IMG_1218.jpg
    Last edited by KINGCOBRA; 07-26-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: computer fighting me on this one
    Scott
    '07 Mobius LSV
    Indmar Assault 5.7
    Gravity III- 1100 lb. in port locker, 2300 lbs total
    ACME 1617

Do all models require the angle brace to level the base, funny that all the seats slope bow to stern..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Great mod!!

HEY Where is Newty??? Haven't heard from him in a while have we?
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Chooo Chooo.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Nice! That's exactly how I did mine.

Here I am! Just finished all my on the job training and passed my conductors final/certification for the RR. Hoping to get a little more moomba time coming up.

Sent from my duhroid

PWI as usual...

Just got my seat in...don't know if I'm going to keep it though. All of the bolts are tight but there seems to be a LOT of movement in the swivel itself. Not sure if it is because it is a cheap swivel or what. Now the seat is shakey and feels cheap. Does anyone else have this problem. I worry about all that play eventually causing damage...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Nice! That's exactly how I did mine.

Here I am! Just finished all my on the job training and passed my conductors final/certification for the RR. Hoping to get a little more moomba time coming up.

Sent from my duhroid
    Congrats Newty!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's