Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Battery tray recs? (group29)

What's everyone using for a battery tray to hold down your batteries?

I found this doing a quicks search http://www.iboats.com/mall/image/vie...h31sscdp_2.jpg

And wondering if it's ok. I had a g24 with a tray but just replaced it with 2 group 29's.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Here's how I decide between a tray or box. If the battery is located in a usable storage are, I use a box as I prefer to have the terminals covered to prevent an accedental shorting if something metel inadvertantly gets laid across the top. If the battery is in the engine bay and out of the way, then a tray like you have linked is perfectly fine.

I prefer the peace of mind having the battery in a box, but mla has good advice there...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I built mine out of starboard to hold 2 batteries and save space. A little more expensive, but way cooler, IMO.

During install.
    2013 Outback V

My battery is in my observers Seat storage area so stuff gets placed on it all the time. I'm going to have two of them in there now.

Man Ian, that is not a cheap option. Starboard is expensive.

My boat came with a battery tray with 2 long bolts with nuts holding a bar across the top. But I didn't like the idea of having my storage stuff accidently come in contact with the battery posts. I never thought a battery box held the battery securely enough. My solution was to keep the tray and modify a battery box top to cover the battery posts. I use a bungee cord to hold it in place.

Fwiw, Wally world has battery boxes.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Fwiw, Wally world has battery boxes.
    I have two group 29 boxes, now I just need a tray to secure them to the floor.

I'm simply trying to not have to take time to build something, buying it for this case is just easier.

The supra came with 2 "plastic" trays with the straps ran under them that held down the 2 factory batteries. I tried like heck to find that same setup when I added the 3rd battery but could not. they were nothing more than 4 pieces of 1/2" composite that were stapled together like a picture frame that the battery boxes set in. very simple, but very functional. interstate battery dealership looked at them and told me that they had to have been made by skiers as they had not ever seen anything like them. I finally just used the 2 small plastic clips that hold the battery tray strap to the floor and secured it that way. never had an issue. most of the boxes come with a strap and 2 plastic clips to secure the strap to the floor.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Yes sandman, my supra only came with one battery but I have that same "frame" screwed down to the floor and stapled together. It only fits g24 though.

I wonder where I can get composite material like that. That would be simple build.