Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Dude, just get ya some electrical tape and be

GHETTO-TASTIC!
    Might as well bust out some Duct tape...1001 uses...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post

Krak, did you get that edge vinyl cut at a sign shop? If he/I don't peel it off I may try that. But all I do know is it will NOT stay like that!

I went to a local auto body paint store. Measure your widest gap and pick a pinstripe tape that will cover it. They had lots of different widths to pick from.
    Take your time applying it and you'll be happy with the results.

2010 MOOMBA LSV
    340 CAT
    ACME 1235
    3100#'s

man, I was hoping KRAK didn't come back at me saying he used electical tape and was mad at me. If I remember right, he's like 6'8" and could squash me like a bug. I got enough problems and don't need an angry Canadian after me!

Good memory Wolfeman, and us Canadians don't get mad...unless we're drinking.

Last edited by bergermaister; 07-23-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Duplicate
    2010 MOOMBA LSV
    340 CAT
    ACME 1235
    3100#'s

Quote Originally Posted by KRAK View Post
    Good memory Wolfeman, and us Canadians don't get mad...unless we're drinking.
    They don't get mad - they get EVEN
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

And we are often drinking!!!!!!
    2008 xlv gg 340hp

UPDATE....

So the tint guy just called me. I guess since our initial conversation on Saturday he had time to think. He apologized for leaving it that way and said that he is not happy with how that turned out either and that he can't leave it that way with his name on it. He has offered to come take the tint off at a time that is convenient for him (when he has an appointment out by my storage facility). He also said that I could keep the tint on and he won't charge me for it and said that the film supplier he gets his film from also has tape specifically to cover the gaps and he said he would send that to me if I wanted free of charge. I guess I am going to leave the tint on and try the route KRAK suggested with the tape. If that works then I guess, although it won't be PERECT, I'll have free tint job. If it doesn't work then I'll just peel it. I appreciate him calling me back and trying to make it right but I still just don't get how mine turned out so poorly and WBG's turned out so great...oh well...now begins the frustrating task of cutting and lining up tape, FUN TIMES!
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Dam man,

Theres only one good way to tint the windshields and thats to take them off the boat and take them out of the frame. I assume he treated it like a car window and cut the tape from the outside of the window and tried to lay it inside, but realizing the seals on the windows arnt the exact same size from outside to inside.

They used a black marker on the couple edges it wasnt exactly even on. Not the best idea but you cant see it unless you know where to look.

Glad hes standing up and wants to fix it.

best way to get window tint off is spray it with water, tape a plastic bag over it and let it sit outside where its warm, the humidity will release the glue and you you can peel it right off.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I have a guy that does everything car, trucks boats ect.. does awesome work and stands behind it. He is in Carrolton Ga if the drive is not too far I'll pass on his info... He does do house calls or closer calls sometimes due to tinting home windows just let me know.

I posted pic of it although there is dew all over the windows and boat but its something
    boat 014.jpg
    Last edited by soschic4eva; 07-26-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soschic4eva View Post
    I have a guy that does everything car, trucks boats ect.. does awesome work and stands behind it. He is in Carrolton Ga if the drive is not too far I'll pass on his info... He does do house calls or closer calls sometimes due to tinting home windows just let me know.

boat 014.jpg
    boat 006.jpg
    I posted pic of it although there is dew all over the windows and boat but its something