Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fat Sac recommendation and Perfect Pass

Hey guys, I have a 2004 Moomba Mobius LSV and am looking for some recommendations for fat sacs and the type of perfect pass to install. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and I thank you guys in
    advance for all your help.

I am looking to install a Perfect Pass system in my Moomba for the most part to just wakeboard and
    wakesurf. I was looking at the Perfect Pass systems but they have a lot of different types and did not
    know which one worked best with the Moomba's and which one was most consistent keeping a constant
    speed and the one that worked best in turns.

Also, I am looking to purchase some fat sacs for each of the compartments on each side of the engine and
    and one for the open bow of the boat. Again, these would be used for both wakeboarding and
    wakesurfing. If you guys have any recommendations with the sizes you have used or are using now I
    really appreciate it. I have ballast in my center ski locker but do not know how many lbs it is... does
    anyone know how many lbs this center ski locker ballast is?

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate all your help.

Mike

i dont know anything about the PP but head over to wakemakers.com and they have all the sacs you need for the mobius..thats where i picked up my parts for my sacs
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Quote Originally Posted by motosno963 View Post
    i dont know anything about the PP but head over to wakemakers.com and they have all the sacs you need for the mobius..thats where i picked up my parts for my sacs
    Wait a few months and pickup some used 750's...I bought 3....For perfect pass, depends on where you use it, on lakes the gps stargazer one, if on a river the older paddle wheel style, if you have any bridges or anything that blocks the gps signal get the older style, the stargazer gps one goes nuts everytime we pass under a bridge...
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Parrot is right on. Run 750's in the side compartments and the ibs in the front. Did you get the boat with the g III setup or are you starting fresh?

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

I found the 750's to be to narrow to fill my compartments. The 1100's are 4" wider and fit perfect. They are the same length as the 750's. They are 4" taller, doesn't bother me any. My bow sac is a perfect fit. Wakemakers can help you no matter what sacs/pumps you pic. They are very busy right now but are returning calls and emails the next business day.
    -Jake

Thanks for all your replies. I'm starting fresh. Just got my Moomba this year so just trying to figure out what works best. The boat is out on a lake with not bridges so should have good clear signal to satellite for the GPS for the Perfect Pass. Seems like I could go with the 750's for the compartments. The Compartments should have no problem supporting this ammount of weight right? And Would I need anything for the bow to bring the boat back down on plane or will the center locker ballast take care of this?

Quote Originally Posted by MoombaMike View Post
    Thanks for all your replies. I'm starting fresh. Just got my Moomba this year so just trying to figure out what works best. The boat is out on a lake with not bridges so should have good clear signal to satellite for the GPS for the Perfect Pass. Seems like I could go with the 750's for the compartments. The Compartments should have no problem supporting this ammount of weight right? And Would I need anything for the bow to bring the boat back down on plane or will the center locker ballast take care of this?
    You need bow weight...
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Don't know that you need it, but you will really like having it. Just have to be a bit more careful that you don't take too many rollers over the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Don't know that you need it, but you will really like having it. Just have to be a bit more careful that you don't take too many rollers over the bow.
    check that off the bucket list for me haha..i watched my buddy hit one of my rollers when he came around to pick me up..hit just right where it went up and over and hit the windshield and got the entire boat wet haha
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Hey MoombaMike - there are a few active members on here with earlier LSV's you could hit up. NewGuy is one I can think of off the top. Good advice given already. 750's do great, not everyone thinks you need to go 1100's but if you are starting from scratch they really aren't that much more $ and will "mostly" fit the compartments. Not sure what your rear compartment walls look like but you may want to consider reinforcing them if you go big.

I think the best advice starting from scratch on the rear ballast is that if you think you'll go big some day, just go big from day one and save yourself the time and money later on.

Weight in the bow is always something you can experiment with cheaper/loaner bags on the seats before committing to an IBS too.

I'm a fan of Stargazer PP personally and I run on both lakes and rivers - I also was starting from scratch and after talking to the guys at PP they convinced me to go the Stargazer route. Have to adjust speed sometimes for the river current but not a big deal. Haven't had an issue with GPS signal yet. Paddle wheel works fine - you'll just have to drill another hole in the bottom of the boat for it and I understand it needs to be re-calibrated every few seasons.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...