Default towed a boat last night.. hooray for karma..

Coming back in to the boat launch and are about 1/4 mile out. see a real nice white/blue calabria in the water and a kid straddling the side of the boat with a waterski. I roll up on them and see 3 tween girls in the water trying to kick the boat while hanging on the platform. 5 kids and a mom, all the kids are between 10 and 14(guessing). I ask if they need help and she says the boat is dead, something about a fuel/water separator filter. I really think she wanted me to troubleshoot the engine, but knowing the possible can of worms that could open up and not knowing the engine/boat, I offered a tow. got them back to the dock, but it seemed like the kids were kind of upset as the night was now over with a good 2hrs of daylight left. went out on the lake and pulled the bimini off, floated for 20 minutes or so until the ramp cleared(first time for gf backing a tandem trailer) and decided to pull out. as we motored over the crest of the hill to the boat dryoff area, they were parked next to us. the lady asked if we were the ones that just towed them back in. I said yes. she said thanks a bunch and it was clear the kids were having a great time cleaning up the boat, snapping each other with towels and just playing around.
    nice to do a good deed and see kids that were still having a great time instead of bitching...

sad tho to take note of all the boats around them and no one willing to give up 15 minutes of their evening to tow them in... it's not like they were clear across the lake..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

had the same thing happen on the 4th, towed a dad and a boat full of kids on a private lake that I wasn't even supposed to be on!! Blew my mind everyone that passed them and didn't even see if they were alright! Figured It was only 20 min of my time to hopefully get some karma points with the boat gods lol

I see it as a must to help a stranded boater.

I have towed 4 or 5 boats over the last few years. Luckily I have never been in tow.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Scott, That is great to hear. Giving a Mom and 5 kids a tow = 20 min of your time +2 gallons of gas. Not reading about a Mom and 5 kids missing on the lake = priceless.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Wild that folks go on by. Heck, we've had people stop more than once to ask if we're OK just while we are filling ballast & peeking in the lockers.

i had my alternator go and we stopped on the lake so we could relax and swim..tried to start her back up and nothing..luckily i flagged down a boater and they helped us to the dock..i dont mind helping someone out as long as there not a dick haha
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

I've been towed in a couple times in my old stars and stripes mc. I always bring some cash out on the lake to help convince someone that's reluctant, fortunalty I haven't needed it with the moomba.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

i've been offered, but never taken a dime. ruins the karma from the tow imo...

someday I may need that same tow. although never in the supra
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I have towed a few back and was help when in need.

Currently teaching the kids about Karma, stopped to help a soccer players parent with a flat on the road. Was headed back Monday to help a dead fishing boat, but a pontoon beat me there.