I just wanted to pass along my cell phone experiences and maybe save you some money. I have had a cell phone through differenct services for a long time. Like many, I was with Verizon for a long stint and they have excellent service on the phones and a great selection of phones. My wife is a home health care nurse and uses her phone a lot. I had to keep raising the number of minutes with Verizon to the point that our bill was outragous.

So, I moved over to Boost Mobile about 2 years ago. My wife's phone is provided by her company now (Verizon). With Boost (and all prepaid companies), you must buy the phone. There are no upgrades or free phones with service. The most expensive phone right now is $300. Prepaid services mean a few things: No Contracts, start, stop or whatever you want at anytime. It also means that if your phone does a service, then it has already been paid for, no extra charges. While I travel some out of the country, if the phone works in that country then its already paid for. No roaming, etc. I have an account set up that pays my bill every month, exactly like Verizon/Sprint/Att. From every aspect as an owner, the phone and its service is exactly like Verizon.

Boost uses Sprint/Nextel towers for their service. So, your coverage will be dependant on that. I have found the towers to give very good coverage. Verizon is a little bit better. If you check around, you can find what prepaid companies use for their towers. MetroPCS uses Verizon, etc.

The best part: I signed up for the unlimited smartphone plan when I got my phone. It was $50/month. Boost has something called "Shrinkage", which means that every 6 on time payments, Boost will reduce your bill by $5. Down to a minimum of $35/month. There new services start at $55/month for smart phones.

I now pay $35/month for unlimited phone service (talk/text/message/web). I have a Galaxy android phone with 3G service. I am going to upgrade my phone soon to the HTC Evo 4 G soon, but the phone is kind of expensive. I'll wait til the price comes down in a month. If you have good Sprint coverage, I can highly recommend Boost as a company that will save you money on your cell phone bill. Hope this helps. No, I don't work for Boost.