Default Fuel Restriction

I have a 98 Mobius with the carb and everything runs well but my top end is not there. It runs about 40mph and 4200 rpm and I usually get 4800 rpm. Nothing has touched the prop and no vibration. The plugs look good. Does anyone have the specs on the electric fuel pump such as the gph it should flow? My carburator doesn't have the metal screen filter does anyone else have one installed? The Malibu dealer said they have an inline under the floor. Does Moomba have that also and where would it be located. I plan to replace the water/fuel seperator but that is only a seperator even though it does have some filtering capabilities. We ran the engine and checked linkage and that was fine. Everything is working perfectly and the hole shot is good but there could be issues there and I couldn't tell.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default Replying to Topic 'Fuel Restriction'

The separator can clog up just like a regular fuel filter can. When was the last time it was changed? If more than a year, go ahead and change it. Its cheap and its routine maintenance that needs to be done anyways.

If that turns out not to be the problem, i can think of a few more things right off the top of my head. The secondaries in the carb might not be opening all the way up. It could also be a spark problem. if it is spark, then the fact that its only at high rpms would make me think that the coil just might not be able to keep up at higher engine speeds.

Cheers,
    DKJ

Default Replying to Topic 'Fuel Restriction'

Thanks for the reply. Last Sunday, I replaced the fuel filter and it seems to run where it should. I couldn't open it up for very to really check since the wave action was killing us. I'll try this weekend.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD