Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The older boats dont have the fins, they have a deeper fiberglass wedge that gave them stability. The deeper wedge makes the boat keep some of the water in the middle of boat.
    My cooler drains into boat too, plus people getting in and out of boat. Ballast fittings in center locker are older style(Waterbed fitting) and need replaced.
    The bilge pump does not get all of it out. I think some of it is held between ski locker and engine bay.

I've got this exact same problem. I have the factory ballast in the ski locker, and the ski locker sack also fills the bow sack that I put in. Seems like evry time I use the ballast, there is at least 3 inches of water in the ski locker. I have the drain in the back of the ski locker plugged, so it keeps it all in. I've tested everything I could for leaks (ski locker sack, ballast fittings, hoses, pump) and even changed out the factory Rule pump with Tsunami, and still get water in there. It's not coming from the docking lights, that I can say for certain. I can't for the life of me figure out where it's coming from.

The only thing I can think of is when I'm filling the ski locker sack/bow sack, the front fitting on the ski locker sack just get so jammed up in the locker and it allows water to pump out... other than that I've got nothing as everything else tests out good.

Damn water gets nasty, as does the sack, so I vaccuum it out every time...
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Nothin worse than a nasty sac.

Thats Funny Stuff....... Nasty SAC LOL
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

Funny unless it happens to you after a weekend hanging w/ Dusty's Mom.

That salve they give ya smells awful.

so you have expienced a Nasty sac or Dustys Mom, or both? Wow!

Ok, went to cover boat yesterday after weekend at the lake. Lift the center rear seat over the Transmission and drive to check for water since I installed the new bilge pump, No water Bone dry. The plug I got to plug ski locker was too small so I did not use it. Open ski locker and it has about 2 inches of water. So I break out the shop vac and start sucking it out. The water kept coming from the hole from back of the boat. Everything around bilge was empty.
    So WHERE did all the water come from? Is water pooling under gas tank or is there another area that holds water between bilge and ski locker. Does water go under the gas tank somewhere? IDK gonna try to find where its coming from next time back from lake.
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

Default Water in ski locker...?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyrides4Free View Post
    Ok, went to cover boat yesterday after weekend at the lake. Lift the center rear seat over the Transmission and drive to check for water since I installed the new bilge pump, No water Bone dry. The plug I got to plug ski locker was too small so I did not use it. Open ski locker and it has about 2 inches of water. So I break out the shop vac and start sucking it out. The water kept coming from the hole from back of the boat. Everything around bilge was empty.
    So WHERE did all the water come from? Is water pooling under gas tank or is there another area that holds water between bilge and ski locker. Does water go under the gas tank somewhere? IDK gonna try to find where its coming from next time back from lake.
    THREAD REVIVAL!!!

Anybody figure this one out!? Or is it a problem everyone is just dealing with...
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...