Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Water in ski locker...?!?!?

I have a 02 LSV with factory ballast. It seems like everytime I leave the lake and get back home (I drive home about 20mins with the drain plug out) there is always a significant amount of water in the ski locker. I always make sure to run my bilge before I trailer but it never seems to clear up this water.

There is a small hole that allow water to move from the ski locker to under the engine (where is bilge currently is), which seems like it was designed so this problem wouldnt occur. The problem with the water in there is if I dont go out on the lake for a week or two the ski locker gets nasty and grows algae. I have been using a shop vac to get the water out most of the time but it is a hassle.

I am thinking about plumbing in a "T" to my bilge line and adding a second bilge pump in the ski locker. I was planning on wiring it in with the other bilge pump so they both run at the same time and pump out the same main line. Would this work? Has anyone tried anything like this or have the same issue?
    2002 Mobius LSV
    SA, Texas

Have you Checked the drain line on the bottom of the bag?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    2005 mobius lsv

Yeah, its tight. If I go out and never fill the bag water still gets in. The water is flowing through the whole in the ski locker that connects to the engine bay. I am also thinking about trying to plug the whole and see if that helps.
    2002 Mobius LSV
    SA, Texas

There is water in mine. I ignore it

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ht=Plug+locker

Tried to find a a way for fuel tank bilge.

Use a test plug to seperate the locker from the bilge.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Mine too... the last thing boats are is waterproof!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

ag04blast, I have the same issue with my 2002 Mobius V. My plan is to keep the water out of locker as much as possible. I got a rubber stopper from work, I want to be able to reomve it if needed. Also my bilge pump moved around some, It broke last time out so I replaced it with a float and bilge pump combined. Old one was the kind with float and pump seperate. I zip tied the new one in place, this seemed to leave less water in the boat. I shop vac my water out too cuz it gets Funky!! The other fix that some people do is to install a drain in the middle of boat, Im not doing that. I will let you know how the stopper works after this weekend. One of my friends has a MC and has the same issue and he plugged his locker off completely.
    Rick
    2002 Moomba Mobius V

I don't know about all the lsv's but in my 05 the locker floor is above the engine compartment floor. How would water get there from the engine compartment?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    2005 mobius lsv

Water getting in from the bow... docking lights, drip from wet people... all kinds of ways.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

I just did a thorough cleaning yesterday and found that the drain hose from my front sack that goes in the ski locker was majorly loose. I reckon I was getting alot of water in from the ballast bag leaking

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD