Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting Lazy

Default Getting Lazy

So I was sick of cleaning my carpet that was getting matted down and dirty. The boat had snap in carpet and we would run without it alot because of convenience, the problem was that is got slippery. I had some gator grip ( http://www.wakejunky.com/ ) that I put on the swim platform 3 years ago an it held up great, so I figured why not try it on the floor. I made a template last night and got the main floor done now I just need to finish the bow. I am just waiting on some more materiel. The worst that can happen is I peal it up if I don't like it and I am out $200. Here's the pictures.

-Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Mark,

That looks great to me!

Mark, looks good. If you have enough extra to do a swim platform let me know and I might be interested in buying it off you. Assuming you just ordered 2x 4x5 sheets?
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V
    Monster Tower MT2 - 750 rears, GG 1180 center - PP Wakeboard Edition

Ryan when I did my swim platform it took a complete sheet 4x5 and that was really close. Here is a picture of the swim platform.

-Mark
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Oh wow, good to know. We have this foam crap on ours and it is terrible. It wasn't put on straight, has tons of fingernail like marks in it and is extremely slippery when wet. This might be a good winter upgrade. Definitely like the idea of getting rid of the carpeting too.
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V
    Monster Tower MT2 - 750 rears, GG 1180 center - PP Wakeboard Edition

Boy would I love to do that to parts of my boat.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

i wish my LSV had removable carpets, the stock stuff looks like crap.. and too bad the run the carpet under the seats.. i don't even know how you could retrofit something
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Mark - were you able to get the floor covered with a single piece? I don't see any seams.

My carpet is so matted you can't rake it up with a garden rake. I would be somewhat concerned about covering the floor panels but how often am I really going to get under there? Could just peel it up and restick if needed.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Mark - were you able to get the floor covered with a single piece? I don't see any seams.

My carpet is so matted you can't rake it up with a garden rake. I would be somewhat concerned about covering the floor panels but how often am I really going to get under there? Could just peel it up and restick if needed.
    i was wondering if you removed the carpet, could you somehow "finish" the floor underneath? and then add some custom snap-in carpet or gator grip? example, somehow make it smooth and presentable as if the glass was finished across the floor
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Berg if you look close there is a seem behind the drivers seat, otherwise I was able to do it all in one piece. My floor is all one piece of fiberglass that is finished. If you have to take it out the whole back section comes out. I think that alot of the new floors are several pieces.
    -Mark

"Hey you only live once"