Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I usually end up kicking the wheel while wearing sandals-- not fun. Lately I have taken to tapping it with a rubber mallet. No fun at all trying to change directions.
    i do this a lot too LOL Sometimes its just out or pure frustration with no related topic at all.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Yea, maybe I should be tapping my forehead with that mallet. I wonder if I had all the kids sit back behind the wheels if it would be easier to steer up front. Maybe I'll just reinforce the hitch on the riding mower. Then again, I don't want to have to be fixing the drive on that either. If it's too heavy for the hitch it's probably too heavy for the tractor.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Any of you guys that added the dual wheel push the boat around by hand? I'm wondering if this would ease that task or not make much difference. Especially when it comes to grass or gravel...
    I added the dual wheel F2 last year as the one that came on my trailer was trash (and of course 2 wheels MUST be better than one...ziiippp...). Didn't have any problem wheeling the trailer/boat around out of my front garage, but it is flat asphalt.

One day though I was pushing the boat (trying) up a concrete driveway approach and one of the plastic wheels got trashed, it got bent! not the axle but the Barbie doll plastic wheel itself. I was a little disappointed by that. I tried to find some different wheels at Grainger, but ended up just buying two more of the Fulton wheels as they seemed to be some funky size from what I remember. If I do trash another stock Fulton wheel, I will make some out of hard plastic.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

After cutting across a patch of grass I have a slight uphill to deal with and a gradual turn to make through a gate with a tandem trailer. Then the left side trailer tires sit on concrete, the right on gravel. Unfortunately the jack wheel would have to ride across the gravel a few feet so it may want to dig in... Due to the size of the new tow pig I'm not sure I'm going to be able to angle it in there without driving over the brilliantly placed electrical junction box on the edge of the side yard.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Fulton duel wheel jack

I use 1/4" flat steel plate to roll my motorcycle trailer around on gravel, I found a couple of pieces about 10" wide and 4' long. Before I got the steel it was a total pita to move it around.
    -Jake