Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North End Lake Lanier GA
    Posts
    8,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    I just tried tried the 1617 with horrible results. I've been running the 1847 and quite happy with it. Based on the reviews I've read here I thought I needed to try this thing. Ran great with zero weight. However, once the ballasts were filled 1900#'s I could barely get the boat to 10mph. Full throttle, 3400 rpms and maybe 12 mph. Couldn't even get the boat to plane. Needless to say it getting shipped back asap.
    That doesn't sound right at all, did you have any nose weight? When I had the 1617 I was running 3K to surf and was able to get to surf speed no problems.

    When wake boarding we would run 2500 even and it would get up and go just fine.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >

    https://vimeo.com/59208513?from=outro-local

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    258

    Default Got Prop issues? I just got the Diesel of Props. ACME 1617 its a beast

    Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    That doesn't sound right at all, did you have any nose weight? When I had the 1617 I was running 3K to surf and was able to get to surf speed no problems.

    When wake boarding we would run 2500 even and it would get up and go just fine.
    400lbs of human ballast in the nose. I wasn't even pulling a surfer. What elevation are you at? The 1847 I'm running had no problem with all ballast full + 5 adults.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North End Lake Lanier GA
    Posts
    8,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    400lbs of human ballast in the nose. I wasn't even pulling a surfer. What elevation are you at? The 1847 I'm running had no problem with all ballast full + 5 adults.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was in OR at the time, I think it was 1500-2K elevation.

    I would have to lean on that 400lbs of nose weight vs the huge amount of tail weight was why you didn't plain.

    I am not saying your wrong by any means, I just know how I ran mine when I had it lol.

    The important thing is your happy with your performance, I just never had an issue with the 1617
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >

    https://vimeo.com/59208513?from=outro-local

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    567

    Default Got Prop issues? I just got the Diesel of Props. ACME 1617 its a beast

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    I just tried tried the 1617 with horrible results. I've been running the 1847 and quite happy with it. Based on the reviews I've read here I thought I needed to try this thing. Ran great with zero weight. However, once the ballasts were filled 1900#'s I could barely get the boat to 10mph. Full throttle, 3400 rpms and maybe 12 mph. Couldn't even get the boat to plane. Needless to say it getting shipped back asap.
    I see you live in Spokane too. I run 1617 prop on my 13 LSV and never had those issues. Unfortunately I bent it at Long lake last weekend and now have to run my 537 tell it's fixed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 LSV Red/White

    1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

    Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    258

    Default Got Prop issues? I just got the Diesel of Props. ACME 1617 its a beast

    Quote Originally Posted by icemanftr View Post
    I see you live in Spokane too. I run 1617 prop on my 13 LSV and never had those issues. Unfortunately I bent it at Long lake last weekend and now have to run my 537 tell it's fixed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Isn't that funny. I should run it by precision propeller and make sure WM's didn't accidentally send me an out of spec. Prop. Now hat I have the 1847 back on I should re-test and make sure I wasn't experiencing engine issues. I guess this is one of those times when the enemy of good is....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    258

    Default Got Prop issues? I just got the Diesel of Props. ACME 1617 its a beast

    Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I was in OR at the time, I think it was 1500-2K elevation.

    I would have to lean on that 400lbs of nose weight vs the huge amount of tail weight was why you didn't plain.

    I am not saying your wrong by any means, I just know how I ran mine when I had it lol.

    The important thing is your happy with your performance, I just never had an issue with the 1617
    But the 1847 would plain perfectly with the same set up plus more human weight in the back. The other issue, was full throttle and couldn't plain. The 1847 popped right out ran between 2800 and 3000rpms and I had a ton of throttle left. With the 1617 the throttle was buried; couldn't plain or push her passed maybe 12mph. It sounds like I may have received an out of spec prop from WM's


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    794

    Default Got Prop issues? I just got the Diesel of Props. ACME 1617 its a beast

    When I had my LSV, I would run 1,500 lbs stbd, center full (whatever that was), and 600 lbs in the bow. The 1617 was the beast
    Matt
    2016 Mojo
    2012 LSV (sold)

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    258

    Default

    i could surf all day with the 1847 and the exact same ballast set up. In fact we usually run zero weight in the nose and all passengers in the cock pit and back. Even my local prop shop guy was scratching his head. He kept saying on paper it should have been a big improvement over the 1847. The only thing he could come up with was the prop wasn't biting for some reason. I'm planning on trying the 1235 and tuning the pitch down incrementally till I get what I need.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

  9. #29

    Default

    I spoke to Jim at ACME props the other day... Right now I am running the OJ945 15X13 prop on my 2015 Moomba Mondo with the Raptor 400hp motor. The OJ945 has a ton of torque and has put the boat on plane without issue full of ballast (I have surf edition). My problem is that I have lost half the throttle range, in other words... Once I am at half throttle, the motor only increases in RPM but doesn't go any faster (I was expecting this but am not sure I like it). The other issue I have with the OJ945 is that because of the diameter it is louder, not sure how to explain that, it sounds like a humming noise ( I assume that is due to the size of the blades). When I spoke with Jim, he suggested several different solutions before settling on the ACME 1273. It is basically the 1235 with a more aggressive cup to give better low end torque. I haven't pulled the trigger but wanted to share that info. My goal is to find a prop that takes advantage of the entire throttle range, while also providing solid low end torque for surfing. Not sure if that is even possible.... If anyone has experience with the ACME 1273, please chime in...
    2015 Moomba Mondo (Surf Edition)
    Ford Raptor 400
    Roswell Aviator Tower
    AutoFlow Upgraded to Gen 2
    Added JL Audio Amp & Subwoofer

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    South of Chicago IL
    Posts
    89

    Default

    I upgraded to the 1235 end of last year. It is great all around improvement over the stock OJ. Biggest improvement was the shape of wake and wave. Loss of 3 mph top end but I never go that fast. I am running surf edition stock ballast. Even with full ballast and full boat (8-12) people I can still jump on plane if needed.
    Work to live!!
    2015 mondo
    Aviator tower
    Auto flow
    94 rinker 180 gone

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •