Thread: Turning left

Unhappy Turning left

Ok, I admit this is my first inboard so every little thing I have questions about. Anyway, I have a 2010 lsv, I went to the lake this past weekend and I had 7 adults and 3 kids in the boat. When I would turn left the steering seemed a hair stiff or not as responsive as it should be but was fine going to the right side. Is this more of a result of having a lot of people and weight on that side or does anyone think I have a problem. Also the boat seemed a little sluggish out of the hole and my slalom wakes were not great either. I'm hoping that weight is my biggest issue. What are your thoughts?

Weight would be my guess. I doubt you'll ever get a flat slalom wake with an LSV, especially when loaded with people or ballast. For holeshot if you are going to run loaded with people or ballast often a new lower pitch prop can help.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

I hope thats all it is, We spent all day on the lake surfing, skiing,swimming plus the kids jumping in and out of the boat. We had a lot of water in it too. Thats the most people I have ever had in the boat and it just handled different. Even though the boat is only 2 years old you get used to the feel. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

I have started thinking about new props. But we are weird I guess because we are skiers first. The LSV all though it may not be a tournament quality wake it is way superior to my i/o that I had for 20 years. Altough now we have gotten into surfing. So we like the big wake at times but then I like the higher speed and flatter wakes. Not sure what we need to do. I would definately like a better hole shot though. I have a buddy with an older X30 and boy it gets me up fast on a slalom.

Thanks

First glad you had a great time out with all your people.

For props it helps to knwo what you currently have. Maybe have ran serveral kinds of props and have good intel on them to pass along. Im thinking you would like <i think 532> from ACME it has better hole shot then a stock but still that top end you crave.

As for steering, if you get one side weighted more then the other then yes it will be much harder to steer to in opposite direction, the hull will naturaly want to turn to the heavy side.

Also when you turn the boat to the Left you technically have more rudder surface in front of the prop so theres more pressure on the rudder and thus you feel like your steering harder to make the boat turn, when in fact your steering harder to fight the water pressure created by your prop. Look under your boat and you will notice the rudder is 1 to 2 inches off ceter to the left side of the prop.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks, that is really good information. I thought that could have been the case but like I said I just wasnt for sure due to my lack of experience. Thank you so much.

So you would recomend the 532 from ACME. Right now I just have the stock prop on the boat and I am not sure what that is. Would I be sacrificing anything with that prop? Also would it have any effect on the engine/transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by sully12980 View Post
    Thanks, that is really good information. I thought that could have been the case but like I said I just wasnt for sure due to my lack of experience. Thank you so much.

So you would recomend the 532 from ACME. Right now I just have the stock prop on the boat and I am not sure what that is. Would I be sacrificing anything with that prop? Also would it have any effect on the engine/transmission.
    My correction its the ACME 537 not 532. Check this thread out Al did this test last year i think. Hes a personal friend and wanted a lot of the same results as you. I dont think he cares for water ski, but he likes to cruise pretty fast accross the lake.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ight=prop+test
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I have the Acme 537...I would sell if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

May I ask why you would be interested in selling yours. Does it make that much of a difference from the Stock prop. I might just be interested.

Because I need one with more torque because we board and surf heavily weighted. This one doesn't quite have the mmmmph I need with over 2k in ballast and 8-10 people in the boat.

This is the only prop I've had in this boat so I don't know how the stock prop handles. According to the dealer I bought it from they say they put this prop in all of their boats because it is better than the stock prop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by E4NASH; 07-12-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...