Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yep, picked it up on Friday. The joys of having toys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Looks like my fender,a little folded and mine is minus a patch of paint. Gonna just prime it and deal with it later.

Finally got boat out for a true test,yesterday and ....Crossing fingers.... All went well and finally got a full day of boating in.with God Forbid Everything finally working the way it should and boat is running well....Finally!!!!!!
    07 Outback DD

I just towed mine 600 miles round trip and had no problems. Tires are 7 years old. I don't know what to tell ya. They wore great. Don't think, for a minute, I wasn't nervous though.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Dang, Todd!

Did you run over something or just have a blowout?

Just a blowout going down the highway. However, I think I might have damaged the tire at the boat ramp on last trip. With lake levels so low the trailer fell off in a hole caused by the "powerloaders" at the end of the concrete ramp. Had to accelerate a lot more than normal to get tire out of that hole and up the ramp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

LOL I've watched these "powerloaders" is there an advantage to not backing the trailer in further? My boat slides up to about a foot from the roller then I just winch it. Why hammer down on to the trailer?

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

Quote Originally Posted by ga-lsv05 View Post
    LOL I've watched these "powerloaders" is there an advantage to not backing the trailer in further? My boat slides up to about a foot from the roller then I just winch it. Why hammer down on to the trailer?

Depends on the angle of the ramp.. I always power load, just easier, my ramps I'm either too deep and can't get the nose over the roller or too shallow and have to crank, then back up, then crank again. You don't need WOT, just enough to get it on...

I tow my boats a lot without issues, are you sure you're running the correct pressure?
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Depends on the angle of the ramp.. I always power load, just easier, my ramps I'm either too deep and can't get the nose over the roller or too shallow and have to crank, then back up, then crank again. You don't need WOT, just enough to get it on...
    Agreed! I don't necessarily want my rear door on the yukon under the water line. Seems the tow rig has to be pretty far in the way it is so a little throttle just to snug it up on the roller is butter!! I load/unload in 1/4 of the time of most. While the "family" is trying to float it on or off and hang on to it with a rope so the rest of the Klampits can get back to the dock, I'm long gone. In or out, I reach over the bow and run the winch. Every now and then will need to hop out but not often

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Agreed! I don't necessarily want my rear door on the yukon under the water line. Seems the tow rig has to be pretty far in the way it is so a little throttle just to snug it up on the roller is butter!! I load/unload in 1/4 of the time of most. While the "family" is trying to float it on or off and hang on to it with a rope so the rest of the Klampits can get back to the dock, I'm long gone. In or out, I reach over the bow and run the winch. Every now and then will need to hop out but not often
    Yep, In and out in under 2 minutes...
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Hmm the ramp I normally use puts the back tires of my truck touching the water with the fenders on the trailer fully submerged

2005 mobius lsv