Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaBoy View Post
    Thanks all. I was hoping it wasn't just me.
    Guess I just need to dial in a system.
    What lake are you having these problems at? I have an Outback DD and have never had an issue at any lake. Wife backs trailer into water until just last foot of bunk is showing and I just drive up, tie up, snug up, and go.

I wonder if your bunks need any hieght adjustments?
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

It is the public launch at the north end of Pine Lake.
    Just not finding a seemless way to load yet.
    I will maybe look at the bunks.
    I have not even consdiered if it is dropping hard off the bow roller when I launch as I am in the truck.
    Last edited by AlbertaBoy; 07-10-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    Boats....vessels of freedom. 2008 Moomba Outback 340 hp.

Well tonight was a success at the launch. With the fenders just showing I brought it up then powered her up to within inches of the stop and tightened it up.
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
    Now for the next ramp with a different angle.

Powering on 😓

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Powering on
    Yup me too. If I don't at the dock I've been launching from it becomes a 3 man operation. I've found out ramp angle is the deciding factor. I've adjusted the tow point on the boat as low as possible with my existing hitch and if I go with what the manual says the bow still ends up below the bow stop. I might end up modifying the bunks a bit higher, but at that point I'll have to put the trailer deeper in the water.

If you haven't seen it already, there is another thread on this.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....-help-required

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    past---------------2003 Outback SOLD
    present------------2006 Supra Launch 21V

Ron

Never really considered what powering on could do to a launch until reading the above thread, although the launch I use sucks pretty bad anyways.
    But now that I have the trailer position dialed in at this launch I will maybe try just driving it up without much power and see if I can easily crank it up the rest of the way with the bunks wet.

I am guilty of idling on but not over revving. I idle up close enough that I can get the winch strap connected without a while lot of stretching. Our ramps locally are concrete for a long way into the water to allow for changes in water levels. Not much to hurt there.

The ramps we used in NC were short and I never powered on there. basically the rear traile wheels were at the end of the ramps. Powering on there would send the bottom material everywhere.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaBoy View Post
    Well another somewhat frustrating experience last night (compared to my old boat) but it seems that having the fenders slightly above the surface is the only way, at least on the launch I use. If the fenders are under there is no way to get the bow over the roller. I had the nose up to the roller and tried back it back in a bit to make cranking easier but it seemed to start putting tons of pressure on the roller and the nose. With them above it seems like cranking is very difficult, but I can at leat get it on. I think I just need to get the bunks wet and learn to power it up more as maxpower suggested. Just new to this powering on thing.
    Not used to being the guy at the ramp that doesn't look like he has a clue.
    I would suggest trying this method:

1. Back the trailer down until you can float the boat over the bow roller and secure the bow eye.
    2. Have two people on the boat center it on the trailer by sitting on the sun deck and holding the boat off the guide poles an equal distance on each side.
    3. Slowly pull the trailer up until the boat settles evenly on the bunks.

This way, there is no need to power it on the trailer and no issue with the nose being below the bow roller.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I don't see much wrong with idle power loading, I do that. Just those people who rev it up so much it throws a rooster tail at the launch get on my nerves.

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I sink the trailer to the until about an inch of of the bow bunks are still showing, the wife idles towards the trailer, puts if in neutral when the bow crosses the guide poles, the boat floats on, I hook up the winch and tighten it it and we usually need the wife to give it just a touch of power to get the bow up and firmly in place on the roller while I crank it up a bit more to keep the strap tight. We don't throw rooter tails but we use a touch more power than idle for a second to finish off the loading.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V