Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This thread is old, I realize, but I'm dealing with same issue. We either have to power load or crank a LONG way to get my supra 21V loaded. And if I go where I can get the boat in easily then the bow goes under the roller.

It seems the boatmate trailers don't have the bow stop the correct height. Some people have lowered it, but that means major structural welding and I'm not comfortable with that, so this summer I'm going to try and raise my bunks with spacers to see if that helps.

Very frustrating. My bow is showing gel coat damage due to the weight of the boat on the roller. It's totally smashed as we get it loaded, it shouldn't be that way.

Default Tips on loading boat

Back the trailer way in, pull the boat all the way up so the tip of the bow is maybe 1" from the roller and hook up and lock the winch. Pull the trailer forward just enough to raise the bow over the roller. Crank the winch the rest of the way.

I had your problem all the time, then I started doing it this way, now its easy as pie.
    2013 Outback V

You can burry your rear truck tires 6" into the water and float on and off every time, only thing you have to worry about is the boat centering, which by pulling out slowly it centers most of the time. I could easily weld front bunks on my trailer but since I started doing it this way I have no need to.
    -Jake

I feel your pain on the loading. I bought my 05 outback last year and had same issues. as mentioned above I back in and sink the fenders to wet the bunks then pull up just till the fenders peek out of the water and its perfect.
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

Same as mine. Don't have much problem
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Default Re: Tips on loading boat

Power load it. Much easier..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Power load it. Much easier..

And destroy the boat ramp!

At least that's what it does in south east TX

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Re: Tips on loading boat

Must have soft concrete in TX.. Hehehe

http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Shallow ramps. Probably 4-5 ft at full pool and nothing is ever full pool. A couple years ago I walked down one ramp, just under chest deep at the end of the concrete then a straight drop off o about a foot and a half or so. 3 feet father back it was thigh deep...

Powering on washes out the ground at the end of the ramp and then builds a sand bar right behind the ramp. Don't do it in shallow lakes...

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Powering on washes out the ground at the end of the ramp and then builds a sand bar right behind the ramp. Don't do it in shallow lakes...
    I dinged up a brand new prop backing off the trailer due to this a few years back. Not a happy camper but our water level was way low. However I'm guilty of power loading 99.9% of the time so maybe I deserved it.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...