Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Deerfield no not in the bay...way too rough most of the time for that. We have a ski course tucked back in a cove off the Potomac River. St. Mary's Lake would be a great place to ski but its basically electric or wind power only. Occasionally I make the run over west of Fredericksburg VA to Lake Anna. Thats some decent water if you go out during the week. Mostly the backwater off the Potomac though is where we ski.
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

Interesting. I think of the Potomac as brackish or seawater. How do you keep the engine and metal parts/components from corroding? Don't think I have the courage to put my boat in anything but fresh water.

Visited Lake Anna a month ago. Nice place. I drove there from Ashland to check out the drive time. I may be going to work for a different bank, making Ashland our new home, and looking for a place to boat. There is an authorized Moomba/Supra dealer on Lake Anna.

Amtrak has a train that runs to/from Ashland and Union Station in D.C. Travel time is about two hours. I'd work three days a week in D.C., staying overnight. The other two days I'd work from an office in Richmond, which is about thirty minutes south of Ashland.

Ashland has its own Starbucks. Costco and Whole Foods are in Glen Allen, which is about fifteen minutes by back roads from Ashland. Three key items for Mrs. D.
    Last edited by deerfield; 09-22-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Yes Potomac is brackish the farther south you go. As you head north towards the 301 bridge though its fresh water most of the time unless there hasnt been much rain. I always ensure I flush my boat for 10 minutes when I get home even when we've had good rain. I would recommend the dealer in Richmond VA if you are looking for someone reasonably local to your area (realize that's still a ride from Ashland). Nautical Marine has always treated me very well and turned my boat around quickly when I needed something. They arent the biggest dealer but they have a mechanic who specializes in inboards and in particular Indmar.
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland

Deerfield I thought of one other thing you might want to look into...looked at the map and you are pretty close to Lake Anna area if you end up settling in Ashland. There is a pro skier, Corey Humburg, who is from the area and runs a ski school from a private ski lake over near Lake Anna. I've been meaning to schedule a couple sets with him and just havent gotten around to it. They may have a ski club or something there but not sure.
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland