Default 00' Outback potential project?

I have a line on a very affordable 2000 Outback and am debating whether it is worth my time as a project. I'm very mechanically inclined and could handle the work myself but this boat has a history...

Owned by a summer camp (where I worked)
    Multiple drivers, 6-8 hours a day of hard driving, 8 weeks of the year
    Interior is trashed or non-existant
    Center and left windshield is missing (fell into lake)
    Always stored outdoors or in water (currently parked under a tree)
    Parked in 2008 (camp purchased new boat)

Sorry no pictures right now

My biggest worry is being able to find a windshield and windshield track. It looks very odd with just one side.

Thoughts? Is it worth my time?

You must describe "Worth my time". If you want a fun project and have something to show for it in the end, then yes it will probably be worth it. If you are looking to repair it and sell for a profit, you may not think it is worth it. Without seeing it, I would not spend over $1000 on it if the trailer is good and there is a motor/trans in it. Funny how all of the little things start to add up quickly on a project like these.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

That's about what I was looking to spend on it. I want to fix it up and use it as a personal boat, since I can't outlay the cash for a newer boat all up front.

I was thinking about just stripping it down, getting it mechanically sound and working on aesthetics from there.

It does have a matching moomba trailer and the original 350 v8 in it.

If the motor's OK, go for it! I had a 2000 Outback. Great boat!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Check out 98roos's modifications and see if restoration is right for you (no need to consult a doctor on this one).
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ir-restoration

I would think getting replacement windshield parts would be difficult but I may be wrong. If the hull is in good shape and the engine is strong, you can get from point A to point B and perhaps while being towed. Who needs a windshield when the driver is the only one catching bugs in their teeth. Get a pair of side-car goggles for the driver.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

if u can make it work and save money then buying a used complete 2000 outback then go for it..im guessing that motor has alot of hours on it too
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

I'd call your nearest dealer ans skiers choice to see if you can order a complete windshield. Don't even bother to get the 2 replacement parts. If you can then the rest is easy
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Do you know how many hours it has on it. I would not be worried about high hours, as most club/school boats get routine maintenance done. However, if you are pushing 1200-1500 hours and it has sat for 4 yrs, you may be into oversized rings/pistons in the not too distant future. A comppression test would let you know if that may be an issue.

I would try to total up a cost for interior, windshield, cost of the boat, and about $1000 of "extras" that you are going to shell out to get the boat running (barring any mechanical issues). As I see it, you are into a running boat for about $5000. This is my minimum estimate. Now, weigh that against another boat that is known to be in running condition.Seems like you could find an older inboard for $6-8000.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier