Default Check Engine Light

Was out yesterday surfing just starting out the day and after about 15min the check engine light came on. No change in oil pressure, engine temp, or voltage. Looked at the diagnostic on the digital pro screen and had 2 error codes.

J1939_Txfai - CAN link Failure, CAN wires probably not connected
    J1939_Rxfai - CAN link Failure, power supply related or bad connections on CAN wires.

My shop/dealer is closed till Thursday the 5th so does anyone have any input?. What is CAN and where should I begin to check connections for it.

Can or should I continue to operate with light on? Please HELP! Also it was around 105 degrees out! Could that have anything to do with error codes?

We stopped for the day after light came on. I did try to reset/clear codes but it kept reappearing.
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

CAN is a communication standard. Call Service at Atlanta Marine and ask what the codes "really" mean. Then let us know!

Scott Ledwith, Service 678-541-6608

"SAE J1939 protocol stack was designed by Simma Software, a nationally recognized J1939 expert, to meet the demanding needs of the high speed Controller Area Network (CAN). The J1939 source code uses a high performance modular design and has a simple API. Benchmarks have shown the stack to be 800% more efficient than other commercially available J1939 software solutions. The software protocol stack is well documented and has been used in more than a quarter of a milliion embedded systems. "
    Last edited by KSmith; 07-02-2012 at 01:10 PM.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by KSmith View Post

"SAE J1939 protocol stack was designed by Simma Software, a nationally recognized J1939 expert, to meet the demanding needs of the high speed Controller Area Network (CAN). The J1939 source code uses a high performance modular design and has a simple API. Benchmarks have shown the stack to be 800% more efficient than other commercially available J1939 software solutions. The software protocol stack is well documented and has been used in more than a quarter of a milliion embedded systems. "

After reading this my expression must of looked like the one in your avtar "duh, what did he say?"
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Yep, thats pretty much what I thought!. Called Atlanta Marine and they said that I have to have it reset by my dealer. They thought that it was unlikely to cause problems with operation. Wasn't planning to go out until 2 weeks so i'll take it to the dealer and have them look it over.
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by Salyers View Post
    Was out yesterday surfing just starting out the day and after about 15min the check engine light came on. No change in oil pressure, engine temp, or voltage. Looked at the diagnostic on the digital pro screen and had 2 error codes.

J1939_Txfai - CAN link Failure, CAN wires probably not connected
    J1939_Rxfai - CAN link Failure, power supply related or bad connections on CAN wires.

My shop/dealer is closed till Thursday the 5th so does anyone have any input?. What is CAN and where should I begin to check connections for it.

Can or should I continue to operate with light on? Please HELP! Also it was around 105 degrees out! Could that have anything to do with error codes?

We stopped for the day after light came on. I did try to reset/clear codes but it kept reappearing.
    Did you ever figure this out? It just happened to me.