Thread: Can I run 750s?

Default Can I run 750s?

I have an 02 Mobius LSV and have recently gotten into surfing more and more (better on my knees). Last year my bags (have factory ballast system) bit the dust. I have since replaced the ski locker with a 400 Fat sac and I had two other round bags that I have been using on either side of the engine compartment (I think they are 4-500lb bags). The bags I am using fill the floor plan of each bay but only about 2/3 the height.

Do the 750s fit on either side of the engine? I have heard issues with the length (they seem to be a couple inches longer than the bay)? I am more worried about damage to a bag then anything.
    2002 Mobius LSV
    SA, Texas

Yes, you can run 750's. Take your set of ginsu steak knives out of the locker to avoid damaging them.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Yes, you can run 750's. Take your set of ginsu steak knives out of the locker to avoid damaging them.
    So helpful...

Even if the 750's are a bit too big, they'll fill and form to the space available. My 1100's are too big but will still fill to probably 900-1000. If you forget and overfill I'd like to think that the bag or a fitting would pop before something in the boat but ya never know...

I move my ax and machete out of the way before filling mine too.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

750s will work GREAT. I would suggest moving that 400 lb bag to the bow. Lengthens the pocket.
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Well I ordered a FatSac 750 that I will replace on the goofy side for me. And I also got the tsunami 12v pump so I can put the old bag up front. I am optimistic that this will be a big step up in my wave.
    2002 Mobius LSV
    SA, Texas