Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

In any case though, the FAE bolts on the back of the boat, it doesnt mater if you have Cats or not, this does not effect that part of the boat. It also does not effect performance, doesnt help it or hurt it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Well seeing that I've never experienced any exhaust related illnesses or issues, that would be a lot of money to spend for no substantial improvements

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

Quote Originally Posted by ga-lsv05 View Post
    Hmm was told by previous owner it had cats and there are also cali certified emissions stickers on it indicating it has converters. But you are correct I was assuming the tube you're talking about was the converter.

My 2004 is Cali Emission certified and I have no cats.
    2017 Moomba Craz

Yep that's the one lol i was obviously misinformed. I does have the factory upgraded wake prop tho

The factory wakeboard prop is not the best. There are quite a few ACME props out there that are a LOT better. do a search for prop and LSV and see what others have gone with. Mine's a LS (Direct Drive) so my prop is entirely different to the V-Drive LSV. For the LSV the ACME 1433 and 1847 are very popular, the 1235 is well liked if you have plenty of trailer to prop clearance.
    2017 Moomba Craz

I got a dog to get rid of the cats.

The dog cost me more than the FAE.

Larry Mann is a genius.

removed cats on several cars over the years. if you have a force-fed car(turbo or sc), you can free up 15-20hp by removing them. taking them off a boat/car like ours will offer up very small gains in power as the engine is designed to run with a certain percentage of backpressure. you might get 4hp. you would be much better off to reprop. as far as the codes go, there are some $5 fixes called spark plug antifoulers you can get at any autozone. they screw into the exhaust pipe then screw the o2 sensor into them. it pulls the o2 back out of the exhaust stream far enough that they won't detect that the cat is not working, but still in the stream enough to get a reading. amazing what all those kids with fartcans on their hondas can teach you

as far as the fae, I don't get what the need would be with a new engine with cats on it? if it passes carb, they are so strict your exhaust must smell like roses and puppydogs to pass

someone does need to give him the 100k he needs to design that wakesurf hull he has posted about tho... interesting concept. never replace ballast completely, but if it worked, could make switching as easy as the new 'bu surf setup..
    http://www.lowriderboats.com/
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Our big reason for getting the FAE had nothing to do with Exhuast smell, or sound, it was the headachs we were getting at the end of the day. Maybe it the NW and the way the boat reacts, maybe its the cooler water IDK but when surfing after about 20 or 30 minutes i would have a raging migraine, and Claudia, Steve and sometime other people were getting them too. At first i thought i was drinking too much brew and not enough water LOL. Then i was getting them when i quit drinking all day and only had a couple beers near the end of the day.

Im a huge advocate for the FAE, as well as Exile, Wake Makers, and Evolution. All alwesome products but like everything i wouldnt want to push it on you if you dont need it.

I do strongly urge those that have kids who surf, like to sit on the sun deck when your idling around, you really should get one of these installed. Breathing the boat exhuast, in those circumstances is the same as leaving your car running in the garage with the door closed. You dont let your kids play in the garage when the car is running i hope LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Our big reason for getting the FAE had nothing to do with Exhuast smell, or sound, it was the headachs we were getting at the end of the day. Maybe it the NW and the way the boat reacts, maybe its the cooler water IDK but when surfing after about 20 or 30 minutes i would have a raging migraine, and Claudia, Steve and sometime other people were getting them too. At first i thought i was drinking too much brew and not enough water LOL. Then i was getting them when i quit drinking all day and only had a couple beers near the end of the day.

Im a huge advocate for the FAE, as well as Exile, Wake Makers, and Evolution. All alwesome products but like everything i wouldnt want to push it on you if you dont need it.

I do strongly urge those that have kids who surf, like to sit on the sun deck when your idling around, you really should get one of these installed. Breathing the boat exhuast, in those circumstances is the same as leaving your car running in the garage with the door closed. You dont let your kids play in the garage when the car is running i hope LOL

I am thinking the headaches could also be related the exile system

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    You dont let your kids play in the garage when the car is running i hope LOL
    Not the kids, but I do encourage my Mother In Law to do it.

Well seeing that I've never experienced any exhaust related illnesses or issues, that would be a lot of money to spend for no substantial improvements

I was questioning this too, but this week while wake surfing my girlfriend was getting sick from the CO2, headache, dizziness, sick feeling, all from sitting on the sun pad. When I was done with my set and used to the swim platform I could smell it. This will be winter purchase...
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead