Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I know that the fae has nothing to do with the cat. But I don't want to just remove the cat and blast raw exhaust at the riders

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast liquid audio quad polk tower setup. airboom light bar.
    2005 mobius lsv

Quote Originally Posted by ga-lsv05 View Post
    Just trying to squeeze out a few more ponies

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    I wonder if its even possible for the motor to run if you removed them, theres a pcm controlling everything and you would have changed stuff drastically.

And what about resale, the cats are now standard and required so if you wanted to sell it I wonder what that would do to your selling price and desire from a future owner to deal with it in the condition, I know I would not even look at it twice.

The newer base motors still have more hp and tourqe than some from just a couple years ago

^^just thinking outloud

I was in Drews Mojo last week, he has the slighlty upgraded motor (345hp??) and that boat hauls major A$$ and was not lacking for power at all. Now Im just comparing it to my 08 LSV which is smaller and lighter than the Mojo
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

It's a 2005 indmar assault. It's a little sluggish running full ballast with passengers and I don't want to lose any top end by changing the prop

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast liquid audio quad polk tower setup. airboom light bar.
    2005 mobius lsv

Ditching the cats won't help low end torque, it'll only help (if any) at the higher rpms.

As moombadaze mentioned, the ECU probably may have a O2 sensor after the cat, if so, ditching the cat will throw a code and probably put the ECU into limp mode so then you'll end up with a 50hp motor.

Honestly the cost to squeeze out a few more hp out of you boat won't be worth the PITA it will take to do so.

These aren't race boats (or cars for that matter), they're tow boats. You can change the prop without sacrificing too much top end. I did on my LS and maybe it won't do 45mph now, but it'll do 40, which is plenty fast for this boat.
    2017 Moomba Craz

Yes not race boats but i do equal amounts of cruising and surfing and such. There are no o2 sensors beyond the cat as its not required to be monitored for emissions like on a car

2005 mobius lsv

I know we are way off topic now and maybe a mod could move this convo to a more appropriate thread but what prop did you go with?

2005 mobius lsv

Quote Originally Posted by ga-lsv05 View Post
    I know we are way off topic now and maybe a mod could move this convo to a more appropriate thread but what prop did you go with?

Its ok GA i actually think your a bit confused on your set up or someone miss told you what your boat has.

An 05 will not have Cats on it. The long back tube that sits right in front of the engine that both exhaust outlets connect to is actually a muffler. Its just fiberglass and it keeps a gallon or so of water in it and helps to muffle the engine a bit.

If you have Cats on the engine then the exhaust manifolds will be HUGE and rise up significantly over the engine and normally have stickers on them or badges to indicate its a Cat.

If your boat is feeling sluggish on hole shots when loaded with ballast then you prolly just need to re pop your boat with a wake board style prop.

THis is the engine with no cat, you top riser can be mounted the other direction for V drive boats.

This is the engine with Cats.

Hope this clears it up for you bro
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Hmm was told by previous owner it had cats and there are also cali certified emissions stickers on it indicating it has converters. But you are correct I was assuming the tube you're talking about was the converter.

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

Well i cant say for sure as what your boat has in it since im not there LOL. My boat also has a Emission sticker for Cali, it basically says my boat will pass Cali Emission stanards. Mine does not have Cats though. Its a sticker on the bow area.

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Yep that's the one lol i was obviously misinformed. I does have the factory upgraded wake prop tho

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv