Default Suggestions For Amp

Hi Everyone,

So I am about to get delivered a new 2012 LSV and had a few questions. I am coming from a '98 MasterCraft Prostar 190 so I am really looking forward to having a new boat after 14 years. My questions currently revolve around the sound system. I am not looking to go crazy by any means but was wondering if the existing system NEEDS to be upgraded. I am getting the factory standard (not even sure what that is to be honest) and don't have this super strong need to be blaring classic rock.

Is an amp a must? Or does it come with one already? What do you recommend in general? Any recommendations wtih names of equipment or even links is greatly appreicated. I am looking forward to the Moomba experience and my boat is scheduled to be off production line 7/2. Here's to hoping!

Welcome aboard. Show us pics of the new Lsv when it is finished. Lots of good threads hear on stereos. I believe you should get one four channel kicker to power the in boat speakers , should be plenty if just hanging in the boat or crushing to get above the engine noise a bit. . You can go crazy with towers, subs eq etc. some some quality names to look at not in ny order are the kicker, exile, wet sounds, jl audio, alpine, just to name a few.

Check out the audio section on the forum.
    Again welcome .
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Welcome.

In a boat scenario an amp really is necessary, at least imo. Don't be intimidated by it, though. Typically the easiest setup will be an amp per zone.

There is tons of help here if you think it is something you could tackle. There are also shop recommendations. Did you say where you were from?

In hindsight I think most here would tell you they have been happy with any stereo upgrades they have made.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Welcome and nice boat you are getting... Sounds like you need an amp with endless power... will you have tower, sub, and interior speakers... contact Jet for endless power amp! It will supply endless power to your sub, tower, and interior speakers!

Sorry, seriously... welcome and POST PICS!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Thanks for the feedback. The word is the boat came off the line today, so hopefully they can get it on the truck tomorrow for a Friday delivery. I am up in Maine, just over the NH line. I decided to get the Kicker 700.5 and will attempt to install it myself. Seems like the HU in this boat is the Sony cdx m60ui, so hopefully it will go smoothly. I am pretty handy with a/v stuff and hoping it is just a straight forward connection. It apppears to be next to impossible to find out if the current configuration of the boat has an amp already. Anyone know? If it does it seems that the best way to go is an AMP for the front and then an AMP for the main. I don't plan on adding any tower speakers. I will let me 3 year old do that when he is old enough.

also would a kicker 700.5 be better if adding a sub later?

Yes that would be the minimum, that's what I have and it sounds really good.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold