Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Like I said in an earlier post I can't (and don't) complain to much. It is what it is and I make enough money to pay those techs to feed their families. Don't have the time or energy at my age and lifestyle to learn how to do the service the right way and in a way that will void my warranty or cause more expensive issues down the road

Sent from my home phone..
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

I believe it is economics 101. Supply and Demand. They supply a service then demand payment. If it becomes unreasonable then you will find alternate sourcing. If they are busy they will increase rates. To some it may seem unreasonable while to others a bargain. Its a matter of whether you can find a better source...yourself or another dealer.
    For me its all a matter of time, I have the money to pay what ever they charge but its the time that is the big issue. My time is worth considerably more than 100/hour so when it takes 6 hours in time just to get the boat there and back,there and back( 4 trips at 1.5 hrs loading and unloading the boat on and off trailer) not to mention I hope they do it right and I have yet to see certain dealers ever guarantee a service. I am anal about my boat as I want it running perfect all the time, but even I miss stuff (and so did a dealer who I really trust but this was a tricky situation).
    If you are to do it yourself you better follow the checklists , print them off and check off every item. The dealers should give you a copy of this list showing everything they did . Not just "performed 100hr service" $800. That is a load of crap. Bill Gates could care less about the list but you better believe the guy who saved every dime to get that new moomba wants to know everything that was done on his baby. If they truly cared they would do this and I take my hat off to the dealers who do. As a consumer you should insist on it...Its their JOB and they should take pride in it. The guys on here defending the dealers have been serviced and explained everything that was done. When it is itemized it is very easy to explain the fee. You really have no basis to complain about the costs. Yes we can do it for considerable less money and less time.....for me anything I do in less than 6 hours saves me time.....but you will have to buy a few tools and get good ones as they will last a life time.
    Unfortunately a boat is not a car and the captain has responsibilities to get everyone home safe and that means knowing a basic knowledge of the vessels operation. Being on this forum for numerous years I am amused at all the spring time experiences captains have. All due to not just doing a spring initial pre voyage inspection of the bilge and motor area. Read your manual ......there is a wealth of info in there ...... poll time
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug