Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I do all my own fluid changes and just take the boat into the dealer for the alignment once a year. Way cheaper.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I am at 85 hr now... so I will be looking at this soon. So, they change the oil, impellar, and what else?
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

That being the case, and I'll be damned if I'm putting out a grand for 100 service, I'll take it in for alignment but the rest I can do. I think.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by KSmith View Post
    I sent the Atl Marine service an email asking but Scott has chosen to ignore me
    need me to get the dog back out?

That being the case, and I'll be damned if I'm putting out a grand for 100 service, I'll take it in for alignment but the rest I can do. I think.
    You can also check the alignment yourself. We did it on kaneboat's ride last summer after replacing the shaft. I once bitched about the labor costs and the owner, Kurt, walked me thru what they do/did. I understood it better after he showed me the time it takes to get to the component being serviced (i.e. impeller) and then the time it takes for them to test and insure the boat is in 100% running order. I think those of us that do our own service forget that part when talking about the amount of time it takes to do maintenance.

You could have the dog come back out and have him bring us a list of items they service!

Guess my biggest question is this. They check the alignment but if the alignment is off is is aligned under the 100 hour service or is this going to be an up charge?

Do they check all the ballast systems?

Timers adjusted if off?

I KNOW all the above will be done if I say donut and I'll pay but these seem to me like items that would be covered/fixed in the cost of the 100 hour service

Sent from my home phone..
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    You can also check the alignment yourself. We did it on kaneboat's ride last summer after replacing the shaft. I once bitched about the labor costs and the owner, Kurt, walked me thru what they do/did. I understood it better after he showed me the time it takes to get to the component being serviced (i.e. impeller) and then the time it takes for them to test and insure the boat is in 100% running order. I think those of us that do our own service forget that part when talking about the amount of time it takes to do maintenance.
    Yes I understand that but if it is something I can do and don't mind doing, I'll do it. Now if it is something I cannot do, or I don't want to do, I have no qualms paying for the service.

I spent untold hours painting my homes, families homes, friends homes, but the time has come in my life doing it myself just ain't worth it. Never again will I paint a house. So let it be written, so let it be done. And at times I feel the same way about other maintenance tasks and will pay for the service. My lawn is fast becoming a maintenance task I no longer care to perform... Anyway, I'll pay when I have to or want to and be happy doing so. I'm just not paying those prices, as justified as they are, to change fluids. Yet. Maybe further down the road I might
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Yes I understand that but if it is something I can do and don't mind doing, I'll do it. Now if it is something I cannot do, or I don't want to do, I have no qualms paying for the service.

I spent untold hours painting my homes, families homes, friends homes, but the time has come in my life doing it myself just ain't worth it. Never again will I paint a house. So let it be written, so let it be done. And at times I feel the same way about other maintenance tasks and will pay for the service. My lawn is fast becoming a maintenance task I no longer care to perform... Anyway, I'll pay when I have to or want to and be happy doing so. I'm just not paying those prices, as justified as they are, to change fluids. Yet. Maybe further down the road I might
    No worries brotha, I got a dude for all that. I'm with ya!!

Sent from my home phone..
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

All fluid changes I do myself. Also do impeller replacements every season. All very simple stuff. Also replaced an alternator and starter.

Saved thousands of dollars doing these things myself over the years. That being said I am employing a lawn guy BC I regret to say that my lawn is sub par at best and I have given up. Some things I just hate doing and keeping up with a lawn is one of them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Anyway, I'll pay when I have to or want to and be happy doing so.
    This is my exact position on winterization. I'm with ya all the way.