Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prop stuck

plasma cutter?

I guess you've tried just about everything except harmonics. Start singing to it, different pitches. Any Led Zeppelin should work I'd think, or maybe yellow submarine.

Or you might try something like this if it'd fit...
    http://www.nautiqueparts.com/acmehar...roppuller.aspx
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Haha awesome guys! I was finally able to get the prop off last night but I am worried about my clearance to the trailer. I have about 1/2" to the prop gaurd. Everything else is great but this concerns me. What to guys do in this situation or is it fine?
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

what finally did the trick?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

But seriously I soaked it in penetrating oil for a day and with pressure on it I hit the side of the prop with a hammer and brass punch over the key way then I finally used a steel punch and 5lbs hammer and hit the backside of the prop. It was kind of a last ditch effort but it finally popped.
    -Mark
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Should be quite the improvement:

-Mark

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    Haha awesome guys! I was finally able to get the prop off last night but I am worried about my clearance to the trailer. I have about 1/2" to the prop gaurd. Everything else is great but this concerns me. What to guys do in this situation or is it fine?
    If you have clearance you should be fine. When launching the boat will float off the back of the trailer some increasing the clearance. Should be good to go.

Edit: It was really his singing Iron Butterfly In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida that caused the prop to fall off
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Mark, which prop is that you just put on?? I finally was able to get out and use my new ACME 1847 - it's an amazing difference. You'll love it. As Kraig said above, you will be just fine with 1/2". That's roughly what I have, but a half inch is a mile when you're loading/unloading. I don't power load the last 2 feet either, so nothing is spinning, but when you launch and load, the back of the boat should still be floating, even when you're all the way on the trailer.

Just don't back the boat onto the trailer, and you'll be fine!
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

I was curious what prop you've got there too. Yesterday was my first run with the 1847. I wish I had been able to run the stock 13.7x17.5 a little, then swap to the 1847 to get a more apples-to-apples comparison. It seemed to pull harder, had kind of a weird almost rumble when coming off the throttle, like back pressure on a V8 shifting down when slowing down.

I can say it was a noticeable improvement in holeshot when I was loaded down with roughly 2800lbs ballast and 5 people and hammered down. Wasn't pulling a rider but got up to speed almost as quickly as when empty. This was strictly seat of the pants feel - no stopwatches or anything. Also seemed to hold speed better in the turns without as much throttle. PP wasn't flashing at me all the time like it was last summer.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I'm coming from the 14x18 stainless to the 1847. We are heading north for the week so I plan on giving it a thorough run down. I'm hoping it helps my pp out because it always struggled when we were running loaded down.
    -Mark

"Hey you only live once"