Default Relocate |terminals for Battery?

Somebody at Moomba thought it would be a good idea to drill in the middle of the storage hold on my Outback V and locate the starter terminals there:

I am half way through my Exile stereo install and am upgrading to a dual battery system. For those of you familliar with the Outback V you know there isn't a lot of room to maneuver and so I have to relocate the batteries to the opposite side of the hold. My question is, is it safe to drill a hole over by where the support along the walk through is bolted to the floor? (right hand side of the picture over by the battery box)

I am assuming that it's hollow under there but thought maybe somone on this board could confirm that for me before I take a drill to it. Either that or I have to remove the floor and see whether or not there is some kind of chase beneath that floor.

Thanks in advance!

Wade
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

looking forward to the awnser to this one... i'm just getting ready to redo my stereo install, right now it looks like someone threw up spaghetti in there!!! I want to move my batteries up to the very front and then install the amp rack in front of the batts just like KG did... very inconvienent placing for the stock cables!! plus you have the hole in the floor for the stock batt to do something with to.
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Wade,

I would assume that you're OK, but would be nervous without knowing with more certainty. So, here is a thought for you. Zip tie the battery cables tightly together, tape the ends together, attach a string to them and push down thru the floor. Then use one of these cheap ($99 at Hrabor Freight) inspection cameras to look under the floor and make sure it is hollow under there. Cheap piece of mind. Cheaper if you don't destroy the package and take it back after you peek in there.

image_11494.jpg

This is what I ended ended up doing. Its not the cleanest but I really didn't want to loose the wires in the floor.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Wade,

I would assume that you're OK, but would be nervous without knowing with more certainty. So, here is a thought for you. Zip tie the battery cables tightly together, tape the ends together, attach a string to them and push down thru the floor. Then use one of these cheap ($99 at Hrabor Freight) inspection cameras to look under the floor and make sure it is hollow under there. Cheap piece of mind. Cheaper if you don't destroy the package and take it back after you peek in there.

image_11494.jpg
    Thanks Drew, that seems like the way to go. I'll be sure to post back what I find out.

W

2007 Outback V

Ive used a dental mirror and small flashlight to see into tight spots. You may also may be able to look under the floor from the center ski locker too
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Ive used a dental mirror and small flashlight to see into tight spots. You may also may be able to look under the floor from the center ski locker too
    I'm pretty sure if I remove my floor I can look into the cavity. Or I could go with Drew's suggestion and buy a camera.

2007 Outback V

damn i just had my floor up to replace my steering cable... not really interested in pulling it up again!! I might just build a cover that the cables can run underneath so they stay hidden....
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Borrowed a snake cam off my buddy and will try that tonight. I don't really want to remove the floor either.

2007 Outback V