Default 2011 LSV V2 Tower Swivel Racks

Hi Guys,

So we recently bought a new 2011 LSV with the non-standard V2 tower. Can't say enough about the boat and the tower, however, the fixed board racks that came with the tower don't fit into our shore station...Having four boards in the boat is beginning to get annoying. I spoke with our dealer and said he has swivel racks from Skier's Choice for around $1200 dollars. That seemed very high in my opinion and I wanted to know if there was any other options for our boat/tower.

Thanks,

Mark

Not many other options for hte V2 (if any) as most aftermarket ones are designed to attach to the tube. That, unfortunately, is the MSRP for those racks. Call Cynde @ Atlanta Marine, mention the Moomba forum and see if she can do better for you.

We have this issue also, except we have an aftermarket tower (Monster MT2). Are there 180 degree swivel racks out there that people have used that could recommend?
    2000 Mobius V

Quote Originally Posted by bret View Post
    We have this issue also, except we have an aftermarket tower (Monster MT2). Are there 180 degree swivel racks out there that people have used that could recommend?
    well since you have a monster tower, have you looked at there swivel racks. I have 2 of them and both will swivel the boards into the boat 180. Im wondering if they would work on the V2 tower for Mark.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Since the V2 is the same as the old Malibu Illusion tower, any of those racks should fit your tower. Several manufacturers make racks for those. I am not sure if they are any less expensive, though.

I had the same thought, but I'm not sure if the Moomba design is exactly like it was when on the Malibu. And, you have a valid point in that they probably aren't any less expensive.

Check bakes online as well as the Samson spinners. The v2 is slightly different as there are no tower light holes like bu had. They are more expensive staronewake maybe direct could save you a little
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

What manufactures handle the Malibu Illusion tower racks? It seems to be very similar to the V2 in the design and could be functional.

1200 just seems high for swivel racks... Monster has lots of options in the 200-500 range.

Thanks for all your help!

Sorry to double post, but I just spoke with Scott from SamsonSports.com. Turns out the Malibu Illusion Tower is almost identical to the V2 and the swivel racks designed for the Malibu will work for the V2. Price point is 600 dollars which is still a tad pricey but much better than 1200. I'll let you guys know how it works.

Thanks so much for your help!!

Mark

Make sure if it's a wake surf combo, that it fits the thicker surf boards. At least 2 " gap.

Mine seem to be a 1/8 or so too tight For my IS board.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold