Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: pumps in!!

Quote Originally Posted by motosno963 View Post
    did you just buy a sheet of the seadek?
    Yes 18x74, I made a template and traced it onto the pad. I also noticed they update overstock and seconds on facebook and they had my swim deck pad on sale after liking them for a couple of months.
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    taco, did you redo the swim platform yourself? If so could you lay out the materials you used, process, etc?

Thanks
    The process has a lot of steps but is fairly easy. This video is exactly what I did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz5WC...eature=related

Got my stuff here: http://www.bottompaintstore.com/blog...apply-gelcoat/

Not sure if that's much help but should be a start.
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    The process has a lot of steps but is fairly easy. This video is exactly what I did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz5WC...eature=related

Got my stuff here: http://www.bottompaintstore.com/blog...apply-gelcoat/

Not sure if that's much help but should be a start.
    awesome, thanks for posting the links. Looks like you did a very nice repair job.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

My neighbor got screwed on an install of some amps and two 12" subs in his new X-25. Long story short to fix it he ended up at Kingpin, based on what I know now and the forum (Mike) he went Exile all the way. They dumped the two 12's, went to a single 13" in a sick enclosure firing down, and glassed in some rails to put an amp board on the outside wall of the boat away from his three batteries. He retained the factory 4 JL 7.7's on the tower and 4 7.7's in the cockpit. Needless to say the system has finally come to life with the Exile's pushing them. My neighbor likes it loud and this had been a total let down until now! A very nice digital JL and digital kenwood amp are now for sale haha.
    photo(22).jpgphoto(21).jpg

Pics from Shasta in a little over a week, I'm out at 6am!
    -Jake

Shasta was amazing. Seems no one cares about the air my 9 year old is getting, so what about this: My 4 year old is up!
    photo(27).jpg

Now I seem to suck at taking pics once I'm having fun but I got a couple. Here is the 1100 filled up. Notice the water in the bag is level and boat is leaning haha.
    photo(28).jpg

Getting the wake dialed in has been a learning curve, and with different people/loads its always changing. Its nice to be able to drain and fill while under way. For wake boarding I like the bow sac fairly full and anywhere from 300-600lbs. in each rear locker, always more on the riders strong side.
    photo(24).jpgphoto(23).jpg

Those are to show wake, I need better ones of my 9 year old because after a week at Shasta he is wake to wake.

I'm upset I didn't get one of the surf set up. I had a hell of a time getting it to surf. The hull changes in '08 are obvious because I have friends surfing behind newer ones with a lot less weight. So I finally pulled the 1100 out of the starboard locker and put it on the floor next to the seating on the port side. I still was able to use my port pump and hose to fill it due to my superior planning during install (haha). With the 1100 full on the floor it pretty much fills up the entire carpeted area around the stadium seating. I filled the 1100 in the port locker and the bow sac and went surfing, now she surfs! I plan on going out tomorrow and will finally make a point to get pics. Shouldn't have problems leaving my phone on the houseboat!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Jake

I am also leaving the trim tab down pretty much all the time to keep the v part of my hull plunged, forgot to add that.

A couple more shots from the lake...
    photo(33).jpgphoto(29).jpg
    The new Exile setup pounded the x-25! Thanks Brian! We may need fans however...
    Teaching the boys how to teak drag
    photo(32).jpg
    Last edited by beat taco; 07-28-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    -Jake

Not to be too much of a downer, but are you really teak surfing with those kids? It looks as though you are moving but I could be wrong. I'm hoping it's just a joke.

It's just so dangerous. I didn't think anyone did that anymore, considering the things that could go so terribly wrong...
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

I would agree. You don't seem to be going fast but still, exhaust fumes and not one of them has a life jacket on. Really dangerous, but you are your own man.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Exactly, my 4 year old is up and no one cares. Thanks for making my point!
    -Jake