Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: pumps in!!

Beat Taco - what part of town you in? Love to swing by some time, meet a fellow MOOMBA owner and check out your handy work, help polish off some cold bee... uh tequila.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I'll be at three rivers this weekend, looks like you know the spot! I hope you do get to see my boat in person someday, its just an old Supra Santera I bought in September well used. This was my favorite SC forum so I thought I'd share some pics of the upgrades I was working on....until I posted!!
    -Jake

Loved the pics taco. Hope you keep hanging around brotha!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    -Mark
    2005 LSV
    Tow w/:
    Volkswagen Touareg V8
    Mods: Stereo, Stainless Cup Holders and Thru Hulls, Chrome Steering Wheel, EZ Nets, Moomba Etched Cleats

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, bc your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

-John Wooden

Very Cool Taco - you were sort of a mystery guest there for a while. If it hasn't been said yet - welcome to the forum!

I don't think the weather is going to cooperate this weekend to hit the water - maybe Wed and Thur though.

Three rivers - you talking the golf course?? I'm racking my brain to come up with where there are three rivers that actually meet in one spot around here. Got scratch so far...

Sorry, your sig pic! Attachment 15104

Cove! More pics on that to come!

Back to the boat..I couldn't find a good spot for it so I just used the old anchor light hole since I'm putting the light on the tower. No real ideal spot but I happen to use the crap out of remotes at the back of the boat.
    Attachment 15105

Got the tower back on....
    Attachment 15106
    The boat had no shine when I got it and the blue stripe around the top was more of a white stripe with slight blue tint it was so oxidized. I quickly ditched the old light setup and added some new to me pro 80's
    Attachment 15107
    Note the swim deck is now on and its beer not tequila as most of you guessed! I used epoxy along with the screws to secure the deck to the new brackets!

I did start plumbing, note the bow sac in the first tower picture. Hopefully tomorrow the 1100's go into the rear lockers! The swim deck will get its love to but I need to refinish the fiberglass before I stick down the new sea dek. That wont happen before this weekend, but heres a teaser..
    Attachment 15108

The pro 80's now drown out the sound of my JL 7.7's, in a good way of coarse!
    -Jake

Attachments didn't work there amigo.

Ok - now I know where you're talking about. We don't have a trip planned to that neck of the woods until August unfortunately. Always subject to change though.

Sorry, your sig pic! image(19).jpg

Cove! More pics on that to come!

Back to the boat..I couldn't find a good spot for it so I just used the old anchor light hole since I'm putting the light on the tower. No real ideal spot but I happen to use the crap out of remotes at the back of the boat.
    image(20).jpg

Got the tower back on....
    image(21).jpg
    The boat had no shine when I got it and the blue stripe around the top was more of a white stripe with slight blue tint it was so oxidized. I quickly ditched the old light setup and added some new to me pro 80's
    image(18).jpg
    Note the swim deck is now on and its beer not tequila as most of you guessed! I used epoxy along with the screws to secure the deck to the new brackets!

I did start plumbing, note the bow sac in the first tower picture. Hopefully tomorrow the 1100's go into the rear lockers! The swim deck will get its love to but I need to refinish the fiberglass before I stick down the new sea dek. That wont happen before this weekend, but heres a teaser..
    image(17).jpg

The pro 80's now drown out the sound of my JL 7.7's, in a good way of coarse!
    -Jake

Fixed the pics!
    -Jake

I wanted to get an update in before my Cove trip but ended up working on the boat until I left. One of the boxes of parts I got with the boat was what I thought was rear locker boards, turns out all I had was this:
    image(29).jpg
    This was the first time I had them in, I got the boat in September and put 40 hours on it as is, this was one of the things missing. I had to drill and tap some new machine screws in the aluminum to make it oh so nice.

So I made these:
    image(24).jpgimage(26).jpg

And with that I was finally ready for rear bags. I also needed to make something to fill the huge hole in the dash where the stereo was supposed to go. Boat came with no stereo!
    image(23).jpg

So with the important stuff done I worked on the last few items before leaving. First I knew I would need more prop to push all that ballast!
    image(22).jpg
    -Jake

Then some oil. I happen to have both filters laying around so heres the wix/napa gold next to the mobil 1. We can beat this one to death, the point is change them regularly and stay away from fram!
    image(27).jpg

And with my new house panel full of accessories a big stereo and 6 year old batteries I pulled the trigger on these:
    image(25).jpg

And hit the road:
    image(28).jpg

Now unfortunately I did a bad job of taking pictures once I got to the lake. I will get more of the bags/boat etc. but someone did get one of me surfing...uh..and drinking!
    photo.jpg

I will get more photos of the bags and everything cleaned up soon. Another thing that I think first brought me here was attempting to trailer the boat. My old Centurion was such a breeze. Last summer the wet the bunks, fronts half out, worked fine at the ramps I was using. The ramp at Three Rivers was impossible, I really want to add front bunks to lift the bow up! However with a little more research I am getting the back wheels of my truck 6" deep and self centering off the trailer pylon. Funny thing is thats how I always grabbed my centurion and I am done beating up the boat powering on and off the trailer!
    -Jake