Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default comes off of idle and dies when put in gear???

so this weekend i was attempting to surf when my boat was malfunction. It runs fine while in the throttle, but when you go to neutral it will run fine for a few second then start to loose idle, and drop off then come up. when u put it from neutral to reverse sometime it will die. I'm going to track down a fuel filter, spark plugs, and oil filter for oil change. I bought the bought this past April and it was in pristine condition, and all service records. It had about 250 hours and i have put 317 already. any other suggestion??
    2005 moomba mobius lsv
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

It sounds like fuel starvation at idle. Try the fuel filter first perhaps spary some carb cleaner into the carb while running it at slightly above idle so it remains running (do this on the lake or with a fake a lake so the motor doesn't burn up). Use the transmission lockout to rev the engine some so you aren't having to drive and spray... You may need to adjust the idle mixture screw as well.

Also how old is the gas you are running? Was it stored over winter? Was it treated before storage?
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Thanks. Gathering new filter and plugs and oil today. Fuel is good. I have been running around on te lake Sind late April so I have put several tanks threw it.
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

I changed my fuel filter, spark plugs and oil prior to the weekend. She ran like a champ this weekend. Problem fixed!
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

she only ran like a champ for a week or so. Now im back to the same problem. Today im gonna go to the lake and try and get the model number off the carb. i plan on getting a rebuild kit to hopefully fix the problem. My dad bought some seafoam but ive always been scared to use this stuff. I used it in my truck one time and next thing i know i was buying new fuel rails. Any suggestion????
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

Have you tried adjusting the idle?

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

Your 2005 has a carb?

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

Seafoam is awesome....not sure how it ruined your fuel rail....I'd dump a bottle into the tank and give it a whirl.
    2017 Moomba Craz

Seafoam should not hurt anything. If you do indeed have a Carb, sounds like it's time for a rebuild. Mine did something similar, would die sometimes when shifted into gear and would bog and choke out at higher rpms. If it's fuel injected, you obviously have a different problem. Oil pressure safety switch perhaps? That would cut the fuel pump off if there is low oil pressure.
    -Eric
    1998 Outback

Yep, sea foam won't hurt it. Take some pics when you pull it apart. I want to see if Baker get to keep the award for grossest carb ever.